Singularity constantly refreshing textures? Any Advice?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Tried google, couldn't find the answer I needed, and checked preferences and was unable to find a reason as to whyyyyyyy on earth, anyone elses textures but my own, are refreshing constantly, like - every 2 seconds they're reloading lol.

I just started using Singularity today to see if it helps minimize the lag I experience with other viewers, i'm unsure if this is a bug pertaining to singularity, or if there is an actual fix, or if any other residents have experienced this issue with this viewer.

Firestorm works fine, I just can barely move on it :( My computer and FS do  nooot et along anymore, and it breaks my heart lmao, I wanted to give this a try and I LOOOOVE how it runs on my PC and the classic look & Feel, i'm just wondering if this could be remedied.

Any advice anyone? You guys are always awesome and so helpful, i figured it was worth a shot!

Hey guys! Thanks for the responses!

Ariel! - No I haven't checked in world for a group, i can't even believe that didn't cross my mind! Thank you! I'll definitely be looking for one when I log on this afternoon! :D:D 

Ohijiro - Didn't even see a reset button while I was browsing through but I will take another chance, would that stop other avatars from continuously refreshing?   I figured it'd be some random setting like Open GL or Antistropic, but disabling either didn't help.   My husband had the same issue, but it had fixed when he relogged.   I didn't notice at the moment he had that I was also having the same problem, never something I thought to pay attention to, will look into reset button! :D

Kelli - I could potentially see it being a hud issue, but it was me seeing my husbands textures refreshing repeatedly, and he also saw the same with me refreshing constantly just as I mentioned above, If it was only me experiencing it i'd definitely look into just removing huds and seeing if it helped, but he also had the same problem when he viewed me. 

So to him - MY textures were flashing and to me, HIS textures were refreshing, so i'm assuming it's something hidden in the viewer i'm missing, ty so much for all the advice so far, i really do appreciate it! 

Meldina Ashbourne wrote:

Kelli - I could potentially see it being a hud issue, but it was me seeing my husbands textures refreshing repeatedly, and he also saw the same with me refreshing constantly just as I mentioned above, If it was only me experiencing it i'd definitely look into just removing huds and seeing if it helped, but he also had the same problem when he viewed me.

It doesn't matter, remove your huds if only to eliminate them as a possible cause.

...Dres

Meldina Ashbourne wrote:

So to him - MY textures were flashing and to me, HIS textures were refreshing, so i'm assuming it's something hidden in the viewer i'm missing, ty so much for all the advice so far, i really do appreciate it! 

Ahh, I didn't pick up from your OP that anyone else was seeing your textures refresh. When I had the problem myself, I was seeing all textures around me constantly load and blur - other avs, their attachments, my av, nearby structures - but no-one was seeing the same effect on me. In my case it was all down to one HUD. I suspect it''s not the same problem for you, but as Dres suggested, couldn't hurt to try.

Yeah it's kinda weird right? That's what was happening, things were loading, blurring and then rezzing then blurring, for him; he was seeing MY avatar textures rez, and blur, rez and blur, but he said his textures on him were fine. 

and on MY side of things, i saw HIS textures blur and rez, blur and rez, but MINe weren't changing, the environment for us stayed the same it seemed to only be the avatar textures themselves, we were each seeing the other persons change, which lead me to think i'm missing something in the settings to change to make it stop, i'm definitely waiting to log on and will be taking off all huds and see if it stops, or if it's even happening at all now, it was working fine all day and then started late at night before we left to go to bed.   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.