Sexual harrassment from a SL boss

LucindaB52

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Posting this as an alt for reasons that will become obvious...for the last month I was working in an office on SL helping to do invoicing for a skybox rental company. The boss seemed very friendly at first and I was happy there. But eventually things changed, first, he said he was introducing a new office 'uniform', which was really cheap and tacky looking minidress and high heels. I tried to object but he said "The customers like it" and offered to increase my pay, reluctantly /foolishly I agreed.

I knew he was partnered, then all of a sudden he started telling me he cheats on his wife and doesn't care if he gets caught. Then he started putting pressure on me to Skype him and saying he wanted sex. I stood my ground (I am partnered in SL and RL) and said no way. So he suddenly ejected me from the staff group and banned me from the sim, with about 1000L owed in wages, which he said I didn't deserve. He also called me a '**bleep**' and 'stuck up **bleep**' and told me that I'd never get a SL job again and that if I breathed a word about his affairs to his partner he'd organise for me to be mass--AR'd. 

OK, so I knew LL don't get involved in disputes so I'd probably never see the money I worked for, but things have just got worse. My ex-boss joined a job searchers' group I'm in and sent a notice to all saying I'm a thief who conned him out of thousands of Ls and that LL are looking into banning me! I then IMd him and he told me he'd get me banned from SL "within a fortnight". He has also contacted a club where I used to work (but still know the hostess) asking about me and if they knew my home location.

I'm not sure what to do now. Should I report him? Will anything happen if I do? Not keen on logging on as my main at the moment, it feels that stressful.

Harassment is against the TOS, so yes, you can report him for that 

As far as his charge of stealing, that's impossible unless you can log into his account where the money goes or gave him a scripted object that asks permissions to debit his account which he foolishly granted.  If he reports it to LL in an AR, they of course have access to your transactions as well as his and they'll find no evidence.  Anyone with any sense will know that too.  If he AR's you for something else LL will either ignore it as a resident to resident dispute or if the charge is serious enough they will investigate it independently of what ever proof he allegedly has.

Sounds to me that he is scared that you will tell his wife and so is threatening you to keep you quite.  I would suggest you mute/block  him, ban him from any land you control and move on.   

if you have logs of the chat then tell him that you do

if he still wants to bring it then tell him you will give it to him in spades. SLU GD forum. name and shame

and tell him that you want your wages that he owes. If he dont pay then tell him he is going to be famous on the internets

His SL business such as it is be in the toilet. His RL wife will find out what he gets up to online and will be hard times for him in the RL. She probably dont even know he is cheat on her with a online partner

people like this guy ruin the online. Harrasment suxs big time

like others say LL knows the truth. So give it to the creeper

LucindaB52 wrote:.

I'm not sure what to do now. Should I report him? Will anything happen if I do? Not keen on logging on as my main at the moment, it feels that stressful.

Report him!  Send copies of all the conversations you had with him.  File several abuse reports.   It's against the TOS to threaten and harass other people like he's doing. 

Nothing will happen to you, if your story is as you say, as you've not done anything wrong. 

Also, first look back through your chat and IM logs to get copies of all the conversations where he threatened and harassed you.  Copy them to a notecard, and also to your hard drive. (on a Word Doc or something)  Then MUTE the guy.

lol,I am sorry but I call BS on the whole story...processing invoices....really guys and gals ?  How is that even possible...

I know I am going to get hated for this post but I think that person was told a lie by a horny person with some time on their hands , there no invoices stacking up  in the land rental office.....

99.9999% of rentals are handle with a rental box payment system that dose not require any one to proces paper work.

So I think you got fooled by some one wanting to play "Office sex" role play and did not explain to you the truth,I use to have over 100 rentals I delt with and needed 0 help and there was 0 paper working involved my rental system could not handle.

Charlot Huet wrote:

lol,I am sorry but I call BS on the whole story...processing invoices....really guys and gals ?  How is that even possible...

I know I am going to get hated for this post but I think that person was told a lie by a horny person with some time on their hands , there no invoices stacking up  in the land rental office.....

99.9999% of rentals are handle with a rental box payment system that dose not require any one to proces paper work.

So I think you got fooled by some one wanting to play "Office sex" role play and did not explain to you the truth,I use to have over 100 rentals I delt with and needed 0 help and there was 0 paper working involved my rental system could not handle.

Hate on you? 

Not at all!

I might take it a step further and say I think we been trolled.

Charlot Huet wrote:

Not relevant.  Whether it's RP or not, doesn't matter.

Charlot Huet wrote:

I know I am going to get
hated
for this post

A little dramatic there aren't you?     In the adult world we learn how to disagree, without assuming that our legitimate, but differing opinion, will cause emotional reactions.   Try it some time.

The only thing that matters is whether the OP was harrassed and threatened.  If that part is true, then the advice given by several people in this thread is good.    If, the OP's post is also part of some RP, then the advice still stands as useful, as a big part of the SL forum is that it's a place to learn. 

Senobia Xenga wrote:

I don't know why you're wasting time posting here when it could be better spend copying all his uncouth commentary and making a notecard to  pass on to his partner. 

It's not slander if it's true, unlike what (you say) he did to you.

If this incident is real, very poor advice. 

Sharing IM's like this is a violation of the CS.

So lets give her former boss some real fuel to cause trouble?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Charlot Huet wrote:

Not relevant.  Whether it's RP or not, doesn't matter.

Charlot Huet wrote:

I know I am going to get
hated
for this post

A little dramatic there aren't you?     In the adult world we learn how to disagree, without assuming that our legitimate, but differing opinion, will cause emotional reactions.   Try it some time.

The only thing that matters is whether the OP was harrassed and threatened.  If that part is true, then the advice given by several people in this thread is good.    If, the OP's post is
also
part of some RP, then the advice still stands as useful, as a big part of the SL forum is that it's a place to learn. 

Well, we have been trolled in the Forum in times past by someone posting a scenario but with one implausible condition in it.  And a couple of times the perp has fessed up.

You are correct, if the harrassment is real it needs to be AR'd.

And it's a good reminder to people to remind them that the "big three" in dealing with Griefers and Harrassers are "Report, Mute and Ignore."

But still, if something smells fishy I may say something about it.  Like I did here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.