Setting permissions in Firestorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Occasionally I get the message from Firestorm, "Script trying to trigger animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set".  Can someone tell me where to find the permissions settings in Firestorm so that i can change the values?

I will be grateful for any help.

Kimela

that comes from scripted objects, usually a vehicle or sometimes an AO or the like. scripts don't always check that the avatar is properly loaded to the sim and that permissions are still valid before trying things, and that message is the result.

for Firestorm you can make those messages less annoying, send them to chat instead of a popup, or even turn off error notifications if you don't care about them. Preferences, Notifications tab, look for "when I have script errors" and choose if and how you want to see them.

for the standard viewer, the same options are under the Advanced preferences tab.

There are some related options in “Preferences” > “Firestorm” > “Protection” tab, but I think that particular message appears anyway sometimes, when the scripted object doesn't find the situation it expected to, such as the intended avatar to be animated not present or not having accepted the animating request. If you see it in a normal situation where you think it shouldn't appear, perhaps it'd be better to contact the object's creator about the problem, in case it's a script programming bug on his / her part.

That's a buggy script and you can do nothing about it if the script isn't full perm.

It often happens when you stand up and the script tries to stop your animations - but it doesn't have permission to do that at this moment so that triggers an error message.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.