SL Saved My Life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

CashNoise777 wrote:

I would like to clear the air first by saying I am NOT an alt! lol I didnt even know what that was, but have been getting it non stop.

It's terrible. I got the same thing with complete strangers telling me I'm a liar. Give it a month or two and they'll leave you alone. Glad you are having so much 

CashNoise777 wrote:

Hey everyone, so I'm still fairly new, 10 days.  

< snip >

my shop and club.

Okay, hold your horses. Not saying you're an alt but a 10 days old account who just became homeless and struggles in RL but has the financial means to start his own shop and club sounds a bit suspicious. No other problems  right now than playing a silly online game? Cool. Being homeless must be a breeze for you, with internet connection and lotsa spare time to waste onlne.

What are you trying to tell us here?

I agree with Orca...there are a lot of things in your story that don't make sense at all and I can now even better understand why some people suspect you of being a "fake newb".

So lets see...

You say you struggled a lot and you basically describe a situation where you have no time, power and money to play on the computer....and especially not join Second Life. Yet, beside all that stress you manage to establish yourself on a level many reach after months or years...in 10 days. People usually need more than 10 days to figure out how the basic stuff works. Sorry, but this just sounds bizarre. And if you got homeless....where did your briliant internetconnection come from?

You opened a shop and a club, both great ways to burn lot of money really fast....how?

And then you meet someone who is nice to you and talks to you for less than 10 days...but you talk about it like you where dating her for weeks.

Don't get me wrong, its great that SL is so much fun for you and that it helped your mood, saved your life...but this story has so many logic holes in it.

Orca Flotta wrote:

CashNoise777 wrote:

< snip >

my shop and club.

Okay, hold your horses. Not saying you're an alt but a 10 days old account who just became homeless and struggles in RL but has the financial means to start his own shop and club sounds a bit suspicious. No other problems  right now than playing a silly online game? Cool. Being homeless must be a breeze for you, with internet connection and lotsa spare time to waste onlne.

You can start a shop for free on the Marketplace. You can start a club for free if you make a friend who has land. Doesn't mean that they'll be a success, mind you, but a 10-day-old avatar wouldn't realize that.

Computer? Already had one from the sound of it - laptop, probably. Internet connection? Free Wi-Fi in every Starbucks, McDonalds, airports, etc. etc. Time? If you don't have a steady job, you've got plenty of it.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Orca Flotta wrote:

CashNoise777 wrote:

< snip >

my shop and club.

You can start a shop for free on the Marketplace. You can start a club for free if you make a friend who has land. Doesn't mean that they'll be a
success
, mind you, but a 10-day-old avatar wouldn't realize that.

Computer? Already had one from the sound of it - laptop, probably. Internet connection? Free Wi-Fi in every Starbucks, McDonalds, airports, etc. etc. Time? If you don't have a steady job, you've got
plenty
of it.

Yep, they have started one but they don't have any merchandise yet.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/161730

CashNoise777 wrote:

I would like to clear the air first by saying I am NOT an alt! lol I didnt even know what that was, but have been getting it non stop.

There's a really weird paranoia over people having "more than one toon" in this "game"... :D

I don't get it.

But there it is.

In other games, people have all sorts of characters. Dozens or more.

In acting, one plays more than one part in a career.

In life, one has many facets to oneself.

In a virtual world - there are so many looks and themes to explore and be part of.

Why limit oneself so?

But fine - if one wishes to be "blandly singular"...

Why insist others be likewise?

Otherwise and anyway, welcome to the "game" / "platform" / "thing" / "freak out".

So, how did it save your life? Are you still homeless, and if not - what's your story for getting out of that? You're here in SL, so clearly you have to have reached some level of stability.

(I was homeless for a brief period at the age of 20).

Do know that a "club" in SL is not a business - it is an expense, but not a source of income. It can actually be extremely expensive to 'own' a club in SL.

Also, at only a few days into SL - its a little unusual that someone might have a viable "shop" of their own goods. Or are you just learning to make things now and planning for the future? (which is fine, and fi so, I highly recommend going to 'Builder's Brewery' for some classes on getting started in the more detailed aspects. They're a good place to go after doing a first round of classes at 'New Citizens Inc.' (which is not incorporated...)

But in no other game do people mess more around with additional accounts, causing drama or grief others. :matte-motes-big-grin-wink: Also its more a paranoia of being trolled or of people who pretend to be new in order to get help - financial or gift-wise.

--||-

Most people are still floundering around when they are only 10 days old, BUT some people catch on quick either because they are very focused on learning and/or have met an experienced resident who is a good teacher and shows them the ropes, or they have lots of experience gaming or even with software such as blender and photoshop

I personally found SL pretty easy to learn with a bit of effort and focus, and I already had experience with a lot of graphics etc, as I have a degree in art and design.  At 10 days I was building and creating textures and had my avatar together - even creating my own shape.  I also had no problem navigating the grid etc.  I got my first paid commission when I was only a few weeks old and was building an entire sim, complete with club, mall, and house rentals, terraforming and landscaping when I was six months old.

The OP also said he was homeless a month ago due to a 'friend'. not now.  Since then he could have found a place and a source of income.

CashNoise777 wrote:

As for the future, I am building something big, new, exciting, and completely different in SL. I'm currently using AutoCad software on my friends computer which is awesome.

Hey Cash, this sounds good.  I'd be interested in hearing if you're using auto-cad for something that will translate/transfer to SL?   

Also, yes, the creative freedom we have here, it's a revelation.  A wonderous thing.  *smiles* 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.