SELLING MY SIM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After much thought I have decided to sell my sim. LL are forcing us all to comply with their new TOS and quite frankly I don't agree with them. They have told me that they will terminate my account if i dont comply within 2 weeks. Therefore , I have decided to sell up and leave SL. The problem I have is that they have suspended my process credit requests until I agree. 

The question I have is this.. When I sell my land will LL automatically send my lindens to my account in world? I know they wont allow me to process the credit but will I still receive the Lindens in world?

Sounds like the op is referring t othe New Tax Policy where LL is requiring a 1099 form to be filed with them for accounts with certain transaction limits being achieved. Processing of credit will be suspended if you are required to file the forms and do not.  If that is the case, it is not the LL TOS the OP is disagreeing with, it an IRS requirement. 

It is not LL requiing the paperwork but the IRS. It is in compliance with laws designed to prevent money laundering and tax dodging. If you are not doing either of these, you have nothing to fear.

Selling your sim is not getting you anywhere as you won't get the money until you comply. Filing does  not mean you have to pay taxes.  That will be determined when you file your tax return and what country you live in.  The amount reported is only the amount paid to you and may not be taxable income at all.

There is no reason not to comply unless you haven't been paying taxes on SL income you were supposed to pay taxes on.  If you refuse to comply you are throwing money away and eventually may raise questions as to why you don't want to comply followed by an investigation/audit by the IRS.  The money is not LL's and they will have to eventually report to the IRS  your non compliance  and ask them what to do with the money.

I strongly suggest you speak to a tax lawyer before taking this road as you may find yourself in a huge expensive mess in RL.  A tax lawyer can also allieviate your concerns if it turns out you will owe nothing and this is mearly a formality.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.