#RLV folder help please ... so tryign set up thing where others can dress my avatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

so i got it so the thing put the clothing on the right body part 

but its only equipping one item at a time and if you try and equip another after the last item you put on detaches itself almost immediately after 

how do i make it so i can have an entire outfit equipped by some one else dressing me or my self dressing me through the menus instead of digging through the inventory (which would be faster but not as fun or interesting or RP friendly)

i could put an eart on and then a shoe and second later the ear detaches 

you pop up so many question it's getting a dayjob for some to answer you... perhaps a little advice, seek a group inworld for your question, that will help much quicker than using this forum.

i am sure there are fro rlv, building texturing and avatar stuff.

and no... i don't mean you shouln't put quesitons here, it's just really a quicker way.

and if you have some spare time... i can recommend reading some things here... http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/tkb-p/English_KB%40tkb

evenif you don't need it now you will use it later.

It doesn't seem likely that an ear and a shoe attach to the same point, although it's possible with rigged mesh. Have you checked that? More likely, it sounds the RLV device is using 'replace outfit' rather than 'add' or 'wear'. That suggests some conflict between how it expects the RLV folders to be set up and how you've set them up, or the person triggering the HUD is using the wrong commands.

As I can't tell how the commands are being triggered, how the folders have been set up, how it was actually intended to work or what the device actually is (although it's probably the Parents Lil Helper from your other recent post). I'd be guessing at everything beyond this point. So my advice is the same as I gave in that thread: read the manual. If the manual doesn't help, learn some more about RLV folders, ask someone else who uses the product, or bug the creator.

found out why 

its outfits so it unequips previous "outfit" to put new one on 

i had 1 item in each folder destined to be a outfit 

what i was supposed to do was dump all items of a outfit into one folder 

and the nis attachments folder that would have done what i was trying to do with outfits folder 

if my clothing had been copyable id have at least tried to do that  

lame no copy :c 

any way i know how it works now and makes sence and is cool i probably wont even use my inevnt now this much faster for changing clothes (not so much for taking them off though)

When items are no copy, you can use an inventory link instead. However, this may not have the desired result when dealing with items in #RLV but two observations...

First, you're quick to be dismissive of creators either assuming they won't help or by selling things that you feel are lame when in both cases, the issue has been self inflicted and easy resolutions also available to self.

Second, slow down on assuming that everyone is following every detail of your problems. This thread is apparently a continuation of another but without any hyperlinked reference. It also appears to have nothing to do with organisation of #RLV folder but instead outfits? Though I could be wrong.

Help us to help you, slow down, keep things together and please don't rush to assume the problem is either big, someone else's fault or not easily solvable. Fair?

Someone else mentioned this in another thread so I am going to say it here LOUD and CLEAR.

You are running around SL as a Child Ava.

I find a Child Ava needing RLV enabled rather dubious, especially the clothing folders.

And while I can see the possibility of allowing a parent to dress you, in all reality you are pushing the boundaries of acceptable behavior in SL.

I asked my two friends who do have 'families' in SL if they ever dress their kids and their response was "they will suggest what clothes their child should wear" but no way would they use RLV to dress their children.

Essentially RLV is intended for Adult activities, not child activities.

Perrie, RLV does not only get used for adult stuff. As already mentioned, Splatulated creates a huge load of threads in a short time and just expects everyone to be updated about all the questions that alwalys are somewhat linked together (topic wise). So this RLV actually has to do with a HUD he is trying to use, which uses RLV.

Its nothing dirty and nothing suspicious or questionable. Its a HUD made for family roleplay, where an adult avatar has the power to watch over a child avatar like a RL parent would, like forced teleport and such. It also has options to give the child candy (thats why it needs the folders)....all this kind of stuff.  And those things are able to be done with RLV. Thats it.

Syo Emerald wrote:

Perrie, RLV does not only get used for adult stuff. As already mentioned, Splatulated creates a huge load of threads in a short time and just expects everyone to be updated about all the questions that alwalys are somewhat linked together (topic wise). So this RLV actually has to do with a HUD he is trying to use, which uses RLV.

Its nothing dirty and nothing suspicious or questionable. Its a HUD made for family roleplay, where an adult avatar has the power to watch over a child avatar like a RL parent would, like forced teleport and such. It also has options to give the child candy (thats why it needs the folders)....all this kind of stuff.  And those things are able to be done with RLV. Thats it.

I'm aware RLV is not only used for adult activities.  I use it for other things also.

Perhaps I am being over cautious.

@Marianne....thanks for that info.

Marianne Little wrote:

I saw another roleplay HUD that indicated that stated that the "parent" can't undress the child, only change outfits. To be safe from LL ban, I guess this HUD also works the same way.

this hud only allows the removal of items found in the attachments folder 

and since so far all my outfits are no copy i dont have any clothing in there 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.