Quite Interesting Things

LlazarusLlong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Did you know that one of the members of 10cc, who had a string of hits in the 70s (including "I'm Not In Love" which is the only known instance of irony - in its correct sense - being used in a massive number 1) was called Lol Creme.

Do you know any other pop star, famous person, or even a foreigner who thinks it completely normal, who shares their name with a common internet acronym?

PS Don't even ask what the name of the band refers to...

LOL. Just be glad I'm not a nurse.

I get to fill syringes every day for someone who's too lazy to do it himself. I thought I was dispensing 24ccs (bear in mind also that the metric system is not in common usage here) of insulin every day when really it's 24 "units" which is 2.4/10ths of a cc.

And I thought... "Really? 10ccs? That's the average?" I even asked him if 10 units was 10ccs and he said it was (good thing he's not a nurse, either).

Anyway... 10ccs still seems low...

I'd attach a pic (illustrating what 10 units looks like) but my phone won't allow.

ETA: Sooo... my "volume" is (significantly) more than 100 units. :D

Another quite interesting thing: did you know that in Welsh language crosswords, you must sometimes put two letters in a square. This is because some combinations of two letters, like CH, or LL actually count as one letter. Of particular interest is that FF is a completely different letter to F, the former being pronounced 'eff' and the latter as 'vee'.

I guessed your name was 'Welsh' (with the double Lls)

And I like that TV show QI ...trouble is remembering all those interesting facts 

I cant think of any other famous peoples names that are acronym, but I will keep trying 

Interesting question  :)

ps ..average amount (volume) of seman is 1 teaspoon around 5cc

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.