Premium Wilderness - What do you think?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Faye Feldragonne wrote:

What do you think of the new Premium Wilderness? I can't go there with anyone because I'm the only one I know who has a premium account. :matte-motes-angry:

It looks like a place to explore for a very short time and that's it - nothing of much interest at all. I have a premium account but it doesn't interest me.

I wonder why they made it premium only. They can't really imagine that people will see it as plus for having a premium account. They can't be that stupid ... can they? When they come up with something worthwhile for having a premium account, such as more than the 512m tier-free land allowance, then people will think differently. Apart from the 512m and the stipend, which have existed since premium accounts began, they've come with nothing that would seriously attract people into having a premium account. Premium-only sandboxes, another place to explore (for a very short time), a free house (there are loads of freebie houses anyway) and the occasional sofa doesn't improve the attractiveness of a premium account - not by long shot - imo.

Haven't gone yet, but probably will for a bit, later today, mostly to satisfy my curiousity about why they went to all the trouble of making this.  I'm not complaining about it, it's just not something I'd have expected.

Maybe something about how they're using the new experience permission tools will give me ideas for when they're available to non-Lindens.

If there were a Linden-built Adult Wilderness, now that would be something to explore. Or maybe that's too similar to thinking about one's parents having sex? :smileysurprised:

Qie Niangao wrote:

Haven't gone yet, but probably will for a bit, later today, mostly to satisfy my curiousity about
why
they went to all the trouble of making this.  I'm not complaining about it, it's just not something I'd have expected.

Maybe something about how they're using the new experience permission tools will give me ideas for when they're available to non-Lindens.

If there were a Linden-built
Adult
 Wilderness, now
that
would be something to explore. Or maybe that's too similar to thinking about one's parents having sex? :smileysurprised:

mmhmm that thought crossed my mind too...and then I felt weird about  it having been made by LL. lol

i think it would be kind of neat to see them doing stuff with linden lands..

i remember when zindra was coming and there was talk about the tram..only the tram never got finished..

hopefully this is just one place they are making..maybe there will be a bunch more later..

More freebies rather than often demanded price cuts....ho hum...they could at least try something novel.....

Is there anything LL wont do before they'll consider tier reductions, membership fee cuts and upping the free land allowance ???

Whens the CEO going to open a circus and come on as a clown performing juggling tricks with a chainsaw...for premium members only naturally !!

I wish they would also open up the 'Premium Sandboxes' so that we can bring non-premium members to atleast visit , not be able to build, rez or  script, but would be nice to atleast be able to have my friends come see what I'm working on sometimes. It would be an easy flag too imo.

It's lonely at  the top :matte-motes-not-entertained:

Even though I own mainland (things are better in my hood lately), I have used the premium sandboxes and love them. I mean, there is no one there! Zero lag. But partner can't join me. Maybe if partners could get a ride.

I'm wondering why they think premium account holders should get benefits. My partner pays  a fortune into SL and he's never been a prem member. Maybe they should look at total contributions, both monetary and creations, and maybe time served, then base rewards on that. Then again, maybe that is ridiculous idea. LOL

As far as exploring yet another sim, I won't go alone that's for sure, and don't know anyone to take who has a prem account. Besides, there's millions of beautiful sims made by residents to explore.

I think it's great.  There is a very important feature that no one else anywhere has mentioned.  This place is low lag and rezzes fast.  I've been having problems with rezzing and lag recently, things stay grey a long time in most sims.  However, in this area everything rezzed in 30 seconds.

This definitely adds value to my premium membership and I hope that SL creates more of these areas.

Cute as a proof of concept area for their new experience tools but, they struck me as being better suited as areas to teach new players how to interact with the world rather than a value add or enticement to go Premium.

Come on LL give us long-time Premium members something that really makes the money we spend with you worth it. Sub par tech support, free furniture and these wilderness sims ain't it.

Maelstrom Janus wrote:

More freebies rather than often demanded price cuts....ho hum...they could at least try something novel.....

Is there anything LL wont do before they'll consider tier reductions, membership fee cuts and upping the free land allowance ???

Whens the CEO going to open a circus and come on as a clown performing juggling tricks with a chainsaw...for premium members only naturally !!

are you responding to me? or the thread?

Faye Feldragonne wrote:

Even though I own mainland (things are better in my hood lately), I have used the premium sandboxes and love them. I mean, there is no one there! Zero lag. But partner can't join me. Maybe if partners could get a ride.

I'm wondering why they think premium account holders should get benefits. My partner pays  a fortune into SL and he's never been a prem member. Maybe they should look at total contributions, both monetary and creations, and maybe time served, then base rewards on that. Then again, maybe that is ridiculous idea. LOL

As far as exploring yet another sim, I won't go alone that's for sure, and don't know anyone to take who has a prem account. Besides, there's millions of beautiful sims made by residents to explore.

those premium sandboxes make my whole premium fee worth every penny..i was happy with premium as soon as they gave those to us..i was like..omg it's like having a full sim alll to mah very own self!! \o/

i was rezzing the hugest stuff i had..just dropping object without a care out of my lost and found and object folders..those cluster objects..just throwing them down like there was no tomorrow..no risk of my stuff slamming into anyone else's stuff..

also just riding my superbike all over the place like crazy LOL

Love'em!! heheheh

I have not visited Wilderness, the descriiption did not wake me too interested in visiting Wilderness, but I will visit those regionst.

I suppose that can motivate to create a Premium account to residents who see SL primarily as a "game". And in any case, some of the objects seen in the video seem extremely childish (just my opinion).

BTW I do not understand (ehem) why most of the latest blog entries do not support comments.

I agree, I'm really struggling with money I spend here. I don't know if I'm the only one or not, but has my life become virtual? I think I crossed over at some point. Anyways... The prem was good when I was new because I got a little house and it started me on a road to bigger and better houses. I learned a lot on in that LL owned home.  And have fond memories of it. I like the extra money they give us, it helps. I loved the furniture but wasn't that just once? I still use it! I didn't get the boat, wasn't much interested in that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.