Premium Land Question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you upgrade to a premium membership, and get the 512 sqm piece of land, do you ever owe tier on it? Also, can you use it for anything you wish, like a commercial lot? I understand the prim allowance is small but just wondering if it had to strictly be used for residential and/or the specified linden homes? Thanks for any help!

As long as you remain premium and you own no more than 512sqm, you will not have to pay tier on any mainland property you own.  Private Estate land does not qualify for this benefit.

You will of course have to purchase the land with your own money, it is not free,

If you own more than 512sqm then you have to pay tier on the amount that exceeds the 512sqm.  Also you cannot have a Linden Home if you own mainland.  If you have one now, you must abandon it before you buy the land or you will have to pay the full tier on the land.

The Linden Homes are restricted: Nothing commercial allowed, and no skyboxes.

If you do not get a Linden Home, you can use your 512 tier allowance for any 512 parcel on the mainland. Then you won't have to pay any extra tier, just the normal premium member fee. If you buy (not rent) a parcel on the mainland you are mainly limited by the TOS agreement everyone agrees to be allowed into Second Life, and the Maturity Rating of the region. There may be a covenent on the land in a few places, but most of the mainland has no covenent.

So for most parts of the mainland, commercial use is OK. But you have to stay within the Maturity Rating of the region. This means no nudity and no adult activity at all on any  G  rated region. See:  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Maturity-ratings/ta-p/700119

Also:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Mainland_policies

http://lindenlab.com/tos

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

As long as you remain premium and you own no more than 512sqm, you will not have to pay tier on any mainland property you own.  Private Estate land does not qualify for this benefit.

You will of course have to purchase the land with your own money, it is not free,

If you own more than 512sqm then you have to pay tier on the amount that exceeds the 512sqm. 
Also you cannot have a Linden Home if you own mainland
.  If you have one now, you must abandon it before you buy the land or you will have to pay the full tier on the land.

Just a bit of clarity here. I know you wrote what I'm about to say in the next sentence, but, because the part that I've highlighted is a complete sentence, it could be remembered just like that, which would be wrong, of course.

You can own a Linden Home as well as any other mainland you care to own. The Linden Home 512m is just like any other mainland as far as tier is concerned. It's all added together when it comes to tier. The first 512m is always tier-free regardless of whether or not it's a Linden Home. Land on private estates/islands is different.

More questions about Premium Land/ Home:

1.  Can you change your choice of homes once you choose a certain style?  How do you do that?

2. Can you delete your chosen home and put items from your inventory there?

3. Can you build on the 512m plot or change plots to a different location?

Thank you!

Red52

1. Yes, but not on the same parcel of land. To change house style, you have to abandon the plot you have and then go through the same process you went through to get the Home you have, only choosing a different style.

2. No you can't delete the Home, but you can put your own stuff there; i.e. furnish it.

3. You can build on it but I don't think you're allowed to leave such stuff as wooden blocks lying around outside the Home.

Red52 wrote:

More questions about Premium Land/ Home:

1.  Can you change your choice of homes once you choose a certain style?  How do you do that?

2. Can you delete your chosen home and put items from your inventory there?

3. Can you build on the 512m plot or change plots to a different location?

Thank you!

Red52

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Linden Homes But Were Afraid To Ask!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.