Postmoderna SL 2014 Resident Demographic Survey Results (Part 1)

Flapman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all,

I wanted to let you all know that I have posted Part 1 of the results discussion on my blog.  You may take a look at it at:

http://planet-postmoderna.com/2014/08/22/second-life-resident-survey-results-part-1/

I address the first 5 questions from the survey.  In order to keep the information manageable, I am breaking the discussion down into parts.  Feel free to leave comments and your thoughts about the information in the comments section.  I would love to hear what you think.

Have a great weekend!

~Flap

Ah...finally proper done research...this warms my hearth. :catvery-happy:

It doesn't suprise me, that you have little to no completed surveys from residents who live outside of the US. Not only because the US makes a huge part of the population of SL (which I think was a result from previous statistics), but also because this forum is mainly operated in English and therefore you will only find few people from countries whos native language is not English. You would get more results from other countries if you seek out the communities outside of this forum. Either on other Second Life related sites or inworld.

I'm also not suprised that the majority who participated in your survey had been in SL for multiple year, because this is a sign of commitment and interest. Both things that influence if someone is willing to take the time to answer your survey or not. If I have been in SL for long and spend a lot time here, I'm interested in knowing more about it and your survey would provide intersting facts about SLs population. I also think many forum regulars answered your survey and from those nearly all have been in SL for years and like hanging out and participating on this forum.

also Syo....it must be hard to find residents in world. He did have a stall at the  sl11 celebrations (somewhere) and got some surveys completed and I dont know what the answer is (to getting a wider participation). 

When Im in sl, I am always aware of my download time, because Im on a limit each month...so I would go somewhere specific and not want to be tired up answering surveys. 

CheriColette wrote:

also Syo....it must be hard to find residents in world. He did have a stall at the  sl11 celebrations (somewhere) and got some surveys completed and I dont know what the answer is (to getting a wider participation). 

When Im in sl, I am always aware of my download time, because Im on a limit each month...so I would go somewhere specific and not want to be tired up answering surveys. 

You have a download limit? o.O

I think I would go insane with restrictions like that on my regular computer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.