Player trying to crash peoples computer and put others in seizures or both ? is this reportable

Splatulated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Player going about with an aura purposely tryign to crash peoples computers and or send them into epileptic shock ?? can i report them for this ??

they were over mic bragging about how their GPU stutterer was frying peoples computer and that they didnt give a damn it it put people in epileptic shock (was extremely flashy flickering )

its locked up my entire computer twice now 

i have a gif of this i logged in took it and logged out with in 15 seconds so as not to get hit again (my computer lasted about 60 seconds before fully locking up but its unresponcive after 30)

edit: relogged back in took a screen shot of radar to get the username of the player and did a quick teleport home 

Splatulated wrote:

Player going about with an aura purposely tryign to crash peoples computers and or send them into epileptic shock ?? can i report them for this ??

they were over mic bragging about how their GPU stutterer was frying peoples computer and that they didnt give a damn it it put people in epileptic shock (was extremely flashy flickering )

i have a gif of this i logged in took it and logged out with in 15 seconds so as not to get hit again (my computer lasted about 60 seconds before fully locking up but its unresponcive after 30)

edit: relogged back in took a screen shot of radar to get the username of the player and did a quick teleport home 

Yes, under the help drop down hit report abuse and fill out the form.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Yes, under the help drop down hit report abuse and fill out the form.

ok sent 

will LL even do anything ? also the account was 3 days old so it was most likely an alt or would LL go beyond just an account ban for this ?

The Lab doesn't tell folks what happen. You could watch the account of the person in question to see if it disappears I guess. I can tell you that the folks doing this over at The Realms a year or so ago (really don't remember when it was) were not seen there again and eventually they cleaned up the area and it has been hassle free for sometime although I haven't been over lately.

You can also report abuse from within the viewer taking a screenshot with info. Not sure if you can with that going on though. It is reportedly some very complex geometry so looking at the ground and filling your viewer (again if you can) should help.

You *can AR most things..whether or not the report will be taken serious and/or what actions are taken, however, you'll likely never know.

You also might want to reflect back on this experience and use it as a life lesson in sl. Can you understand now why using things to royally irritate the crap out of people, is not nice? Even if the things you use, or want to use, seem harmless to you, it may not come across that way to others. While not exactly the same situation as your OP, you still like griefing others. One of these days the things you do to grief others, is going to turn around and bite you in the ass. Best to learn from your mistakes early, I say.

You mentioned in another thread that you are using Firestorm, which has a built-in defense against this kind of attack.

In Preferences > Firestorm > Protection:  Ensure the option "Automatically hide large objects with high texture area" is checked.  This will prevent your viewer from rendering those objects.  You are then safe to return to the area and AR the griefers without crashing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.