People who don't look good using RL profile pictures?

Aphrenity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LlazarusLlong wrote:

That video should make any lurking paedophiles extremely happy . . .

There's a widespread belief that the only thing worse than kids acting like grownups is grownups pretending to be kids.

Do grownups ever really stop acting like children?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perrie, with grownups it's important to distinguish between childlike behavior and childish behavior (as Maddy would tell you). The first is fine, the second not so much.

More dancing. Not sure whether this is childlike or childish (it is kind of showoffish). Also the guy couldn't tango his way out of a wet paper bag, but at least  he doesn't trip her or anything. :-)

Ardvinna wrote:

Aphrenity wrote:

[
...] .... This is the part where some of you start saying “well you’re probably nothing to look at either” well if that’s the case I’m smart enough not to show people that I’m nothing to look at so they don’t hurt their eyes. ...[...]

Although I've decided, never to enter into a relationship here, I have to admit that your thoughts and words have enchanted so much, not only here, but also your previous posts.

You seem not only to be a misogynist, you are also a misanthrope. You're against "live and let live", against women

- I never encountered anyone who is so superficial and ignorant. -

- Absolutely seductive. -

All your words seem so heartwarming and wonderful, that I can't imagine anymore to spend my time in sl somehow more beautiful, more comfortable, more interesting or wonderful than at your side.

Moreover  the consistency of your thoughts. - Simply gorgeous. -

I fell in love with you, because you're such a good and lovely person.

I do not care what you look like in rl or how old you are..

Will you marry me?

Let's do it immediately.

(And to all the other women here, who are also seduced by Aphrenity's personality... -I asked first. Please wait in the line.)

I can ask LisaSpring to lend me the wedding dress, if she finds someone who is willing fulfilling her wishes.

If he declines, please marry me!  I knew  one day I'd find another with quotes of the great Douglas in their profile and a delicious line in sarcasm.

In other words, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. Include a picture, then get criticised for not being good-looking. Try to make yourself look your best in a picture, and be accused of faking your beauty and using "the myspace angle". Don't have a picture? Get accused of having something to hide: age, ugliness, or being a man.

Only the beautiful people need apply, and be prepared to back it up with multiple forms of evidence. Have an acceptable picture? Before long you'll be asked to voice or cam. Or, as I've been asked, to provide a new picture proving the image is really you. Yes, I was asked to take a new picture of myself holding up a card with a specific word on it. And remember, if you're for real, you've nothing to hide.

So how about this, OP? I, and anyone else who wants to, will continue to put the images THAT WE CHOOSE on our profiles. Or, if we like, none at all. You, for your part, can choose of your own free will to look at them or not. And if what you see doesn't impress, you are free to take a flying leap at a rolling doughnut.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Perrie, with grownups it's important to distinguish between childlike behavior and childish behavior (as Maddy would tell you). The first is fine, the second not so much.

So is  ranting ** complaining about these pictures childlike or childish behaviour?

I wouldn't consider it adult.

I will confess though that I have seen some pictures that I would have rather not seen.

But I would consider that my problem, not theirs. I'd certainly not complain about it.

I wonder if the OP would be even more enraged to know (and he may already know anyways) that there are some girls who in RL would be in the category of making him squirm that 'borrow' ugly pictures to use in their profiles simply to challenge some men's psyche?

**I struck the word "ranting" because although this reads like a rant to me, that would be my interpretation.

ETA, this thread did get me to thinking that "Ugly, like beauty, is still in the eye of the beholder."

Gadget Portal wrote:

Some trolls don't even realize they're trolls. It's great.

They must realize it. This is, however, an apparently new genre of meta-ironic trolling. Who knew the "feigned stupidity" style would work so well with the "topic nobody cares about" riff? No points for difficulty, but I'd rate it high on originality. Floral notes, oak, with a finish of itchy palate.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

So is 
ranting 
complaining
trolling about these pictures childlike or childish behaviour?

fify.

And 'ish' in answer to the question. ;-)

Well, I did have one other idea about this thread.  That the OP by posting this was actually trying to come to terms with himself (I'm assuming the OP is a "he") about his own inadequacies.

Do I understand it right ? We must pass a test on attractivity before we can post a RL foto?

Who will be the judge and whose taste  must we meet :D

To me some avatars are eye sores and nothing I can do about it besides move my camera, some lines in profiles make me wish I never read them

I say..perv at your own risk :D

Dillon Levenque wrote:

More dancing. Not sure whether this is childlike or childish (it is kind of showoffish). Also the guy couldn't tango his way out of a wet paper bag, but at least  he doesn't trip her or anything. :-)

Any fella who'll get up and dance with me is already ahead of the game. If he doesn't step on my toes or trip me?

Swoon!

Curiously, the most willing dance partners I've found over the years have been less than four years old.

Double swoon!!

Perrie Juran wrote:

ETA, this thread did get me to thinking that "Ugly, like beauty, is still in the eye of the beholder."

This one's for you, Mr. Photographer...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/pictureshow/2013/09/20/224506950/beauty-is-in-the-eye-of-the-bee-holder

And here's one of many how-to articles on focus-stacking...

http://www.creativepro.com/article/how-macro-photography-deep-depth-field

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Ardvinna wrote:

You seem not only to be a misogynist, you are also a misanthrope. You're against "live and let live", against women

- I never encountered anyone who is so superficial and ignorant. -

I understand that Pep's lawyers will soon be getting in touch for this derogatory libel on his reputation.

Please, don't tell him, don't show him. He will remain always my most beloved "superficial and ignorant misogynist and/or misanthrope". ...(Where is he? I miss him. :)

Qie Niangao wrote:

Gadget Portal wrote:

They must realize it. This is, however, an apparently new genre of meta-ironic trolling. Who knew the "feigned stupidity" style would work so well with the "topic nobody cares about" riff? No points for difficulty, but I'd rate it high on originality. Floral notes, oak, with a finish of itchy palate.

Excuse me? 

You think that this "feigned stupidity" thing in combination with the "topic nobody cares about" theme is new?

I beg to differ. And you, Mr. Niangao, have been around long enough to know better.

(Enter the disguised old fart troll to inform me that there was nothing "feigned" about my "stupidity." I also know how to play it straight for others, after all.)

Magnus Brody wrote:

If he declines, please marry me!  I knew  one day I'd find another with quotes of the great Douglas in their profile and a delicious line in sarcasm.

Magnus, are you really sure? there are rumours about me, that I always wear a towel with me. ..and talking about a Deep Thought. :)

And Aphrenity even did't decline, he just ignores me...what a loss.  Perhaps because I have no wedding dress.

Ardvinna wrote:

Magnus Brody wrote:

Magnus, are you really sure? there are rumours about me, that I always wear a towel with me. ..and talking about a Deep Thought.
:)

And Aphrenity even did't decline, he just ignores me...what a loss.  Perhaps because I have no wedding dress.

I always carrry a towel, and in case of hyperspatial travel: 5 pints of beer and a packet of peanuts.

Scylla Rhiadra wrote:

Qie Niangao wrote:

Gadget Portal wrote:

Excuse me? 

You think that this 
"feigned stupidity" thing in combination with the "topic nobody cares about" theme is 
new
?

I beg to differ. And 
you
, Mr. Niangao, have been around long enough to know better.

(Enter the disguised old fart troll to inform me that there was nothing "feigned" about my "stupidity." I also know how to play it straight for others, after all.)

Oh, sure, you caught me playing dumb about matters of universal apathy, but I was just being meta. Or ironic. Yeah.

And anyway, nobody mistakes me for playing anything straight.

I'll answer that even though you really don't need or deserve one. I am her SL partner. I have talked to her AND her RL husband numerous times via skype and email and my wife and I have come to consider them friends. We are just partners on SL because we both enjoy the same type of music, clubs etc. I can say that the Picuture of her IS HER. Pictures that you post to other forums, website et al have the habit of getting all over the internet which is why I am very careful where I post mine, which is just on a website such as photobucket which I set as PRIVATE so no one can view  and use picutres as they want. I guess what I,m saying is you really have to be careful where you post pictures of yourself, your GF, Fiance, WIFE, husband, BF etc. It is the internet and once posted.........

I,m sure your reply will be to call me out as a liar or ALT but frankly I could care less . I don't frequent this SL forum due to the behavior of so many people on here , the ones being on here for some time being the WORST of examples

RitterAlvarez wrote:

I'll answer that even though you really don't need or deserve one. I am her SL partner. I have talked to her AND her RL husband numerous times via skype and email and my wife and I have come to consider them friends. We are just partners on SL because we both enjoy the same type of music, clubs etc. I can say that the Picuture of her IS HER. Pictures that you post to other forums, website et al have the habit of getting all over the internet which is why I am very careful where I post mine, which is just on a website such as photobucket which I set as PRIVATE so know one can view  and use picutres as they want. I guess what I,m saying is you really have to be careful where you post pictures of yourself, your GF, Fiance, WIFE, husband, BF etc. It is the internet and once posted.........

I,m sure your reply will be to call me out as a liar or ALT but frankly I could care less . I don't frequent this SL forum due to the behavior or so many people on here , the ones being on here for some time being the WORST of examples

I repeat the question: Why did she remove the pic?

Why is it ANY of your business? Did you actually read what I wrote . No one OWES you an explanation so I would suggest you get over yourself. If I have to say anything about it I would ASSUME she removed it because she or her husband felt it was best. Believe it or not thats her right to do so and she owes me, YOU nor anyone else a reason to do so. You Miss truly need to grow up and behave like an adult. Me, I have better things to do with my time than to argue or banter back and forth with you.

"never argue with a fool least they bring you down to their level"

JamieThunder wrote:

Others may get indignant with the OP but I get what he says. If he got you all upset thenmaybe it hit close to home.
I catch flak for the RL pic I have of myself on my profile. Early 20, s though I look a few years younger. Many is the time while out clubbing I get an im from some middleaged aged daft cow resentful for the fact that I have a pic posted.
95% of the time THEY don, t have one on theirs (go figure) yet they show their resentment . Its kind of obvious the type, the BARBIE avis in thigh high boots, halter tops and cut offs. WELL huns I could care less,
I eat right, exercise and  take care of myself .
Not everyone on here is old, just as many who like myself are youngerso don, t be butthurt over men OR women that choose to care for their health and appearance.
Just as it was suggested not to look at the pic he finds a Turnoff if someones pic makes you rentful then keep your anger to yourself because no one is going to remove their pic because someone feels inadequate .

So why did you delete this photo you claim "middle aged aged daft cows" are so "resentful" of, after someone did a Google search and found it all over the internet?

How do you know these are all middle aged daft cows anyway?  Obviously anyone can put up any picture and say it is theirs.

RitterAlvarez wrote:

I'll answer that even though you really don't need or deserve one. I am her SL partner. I have talked to her AND her RL husband numerous times via skype and email and my wife and I have come to consider them friends. We are just partners on SL because we both enjoy the same type of music, clubs etc. I can say that the Picuture of her IS HER.

sock-puppet.jpg

RitterAlvarez wrote:

I can say that the Picuture of her IS HER.

Well, apparently there a quite a few pictures of your SL partner out there (if it is indeed her... ). Maybe you've seen them.

Perhaps she should seek out legal assistance and have them taken down? Or do she and her RL husband not care that people seem to be profiting off of her likeness?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.