Nothing loading in-world and gray textures

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good Afternoon,

I have been experiencing an issue where things do not seem to be loading in world and when they do decied to load they load very, very slowly and people along with textures will mostly appear gray. My own avatar is gray or a beautiful puff of smoke. This has not been an issue up until around 30 minutes ago. Please could someone advise if they too are having the same or simalur issue to me.

There does not seem to be any updates on the SecondLife Status Page either. Something like this happened not too long ago with people who were connect in Europe, please tell me this is not the issue again, it's getting beyond a joke now.

Kindest Regards.

----

UPDATE:

[Posted 7:00 AM PST, 14 December 2014]  We are currently performing unscheduled maintenance.  During this time, services affected will include meshes and textures not displaying correctly in-world.  Please stay tuned to this blog for further updates. http://status.secondlifegrid.net/2014/12/14/post2436/

I am experiencing the same issue here as well and I am connecting from Europe. hmmm was fine earlier today. I have not experienced this before. I will reboot my router and see if that helps.

Edit: Rebooted router and still the same. Just speculation here but seems the service in charge of texture baking is either not receiving packets or it has crashed or there's a routing issue somewhere in the internet. hmmm.

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

hi everybody. i was having this too for a while, forgot that I was testing out Google DNS.

Google DNS (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4) are not resolving the Highwinds CDN servers at the moment.

after switching back to my ISP's DNS, textures and meshes started to come through again.

This helped a great deal. I too ws using the google DNS. I have changed back to my ISP's DNS (Virgin Media) and I can confirm this resolved the issue, everything rezzed in and textures loaded right away.

I have been having this problem, it takes 30 - 40 mins. for things to load when I visit places in 2nd life.

I own land at Dreamworld and it takes 30 sec. - 1 min for everything to load! I no it is not my computer and I have a fast DSL connection. 

I no longer can visit my fav. RP sims because of this problem, the problem did start last month after the update.

:matte-motes-not-even:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.