NEW GAMING GUIDELINES HURTS GAMING SIMS

HarleyRainn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Now that there are new guildlines to gaming, the usual gaming sims we normally visit have new restrictions so now that sim can't be visited anymore, this hurts the gaming sims, they cough up a good 100 dollars to keep it going, we verified once already to visit 'adult' sims, what are your thoughts

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Katinka Baxton wrote:

I think its bad and so many game sims have vanished already due to these rule. SL is going down
:(

Maybe Your Second Life is going down but mine keeps going up.

Perhaps it's time you looked at yourself.  That's where three fingers  are pointing back towards.

Katinka Baxton wrote:

Right well i can see this Forum isn't being taken seriously

Seriously.  You have five posts as of the one I am quoting and you are able to arrive at such an educated conclusion.

Say something intelligent and maybe we will take it seriously.

(actually, we took the post seriously, which is why we chose to answer)

Katinka Baxton wrote:

Yes i know that, question then is, why do i need to have payment info if i don't want to buy L$? 

...So that you can get to a gambling sim. 

There aren't different rules for "I only want to play with gaming tokens" vs "I want to gamble L$, make a huge amount and cash out to $".

If you want to visit a gambling sim, you need to meet the requirement, no if's, no but's... you need to meet the criteria.  There's no debate either, the rules are set.

(Read the threads, the rules, it's not LL's choice, it's the US government.  If you live there, lobby for change, if you don't then accept it or leave).

Katinka Baxton wrote:

If you had read my post you would have noticed that i am not a gambler, i just like play to play zyngo. Also i do not use RL money and never will either.

Your post didn't say anything of the sort.  However no one is a gambler in SL as gambling is illegal and has been for years.  I suspect the reason sims have disappeared is because they now can't have games that rely on chance anymore.  All games have to be certified as relying on skill to win which probably means a lot more payout than before when game owners could fool around with the odds and stack them in favor of the house.  There probably is a lot less profit in it anymore.

SL is not going down just because some people can't go to a gaming sim.   The percentage of the population that cares about gaming is less than those who don't care as they have better things to do with their SL's and of the ones that do care, the large majority can still go.

I think it sucks for some people who are obviously really into those games.

But for the long term of SL I think it is just another chapter in the story. A lot of improvements are being made to Second Life and those are feeding through into better content.

Computers are also finally catching up with Second Life graphics and internet speed requirements, so SL is getting a 'second wind' of sorts I feel.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.