@ NEW CAR SMELL and also

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi i just bought an expensive new car with all the bells and whistles  (i saved up a while for it) and i really want to show it off ,  but all i see are lonely tiny roads etc...

can someone tell me where to go, i need a really great road , ooooohhhh  maybe even a giant highway . are there any highways in SL ?

any help would be great and thank's in advance  ! 

Thank You .

Do a map search for a sim named Georgean.

It is one sim among six that make up the vehicle sandbox.

There is usually not that many people there so not sure how well it will work for showing off your new ride.

Good luck to you and happy motoring. :)

On every SL mainland continent you can find a net of Linden Routes, often numerized, sometimes named. Along those roads you'll find rez spots, mostly at crossroads and intersections. It's fun exploring the grid with a vehicle, also sometimes the lag is bad. You'll find various older websites and wikis about Linden Routes with history and everything you need to know. Also some residents are blogging about their voyages. For example *cough* Orca Flotta. Just type Ridin' into the search field in her blog and you'll find stories about a lot of her motorcycle trips.

Can't say much about single uncennected sims with racetracks on them since I don't fancy riding around in circles. I prefer the danger of crashing over the boredom of driving/riding in a confined space. Just get rid of all scripts and go as light as possible to avoid crashing all the time: AO? Don't switch it off, take that damn thing off of you. Hairs and shoes with resizer scripts are absolute killers, get rid of those before starting your car.

Patience, Aethel, patience. You do have to keep an eye on the region info (although I understand there are HUDs that do that for you; I've been meaning to look into getting one of those) and when you see the border is close, you step on the clutch, shift into neutral and maybe tap the brakes a couple of times. Then you just hold on and hope for the best.

"WTF? I'm six feet off the ground and sideways!"

"Relax. It will all be better soon."

"Now I'm in the tree! Why the f*** did it think I wanted to be in the tree?"

"Calm down, calm down. You can drive out of this. Just keep us pointed in the right direction and go. Never mind that we're in a tree."

Of course, that doesn't always happen, depending on the region. Sometimes you just skate on through the sim border still on the road. When that happens you dump the clutch, goose the throttle, shift into second and punch it.

Driving on mainland isn't just a drive. It's an adventure.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.