My wall

Caitlin Tobias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darrius Gothly wrote:

For some unknown reason you have responded to a good natured jab in the ribs (from me to LlLl) as though I was attacking him, or attacking humanity .. or attacking the forums .. or something. In short you've gone all defensive, combative and (honestly) over the top ..

In response to a joke!

LOL!!!  You say this as if I were actually being serious.

...Dres

Ohjiro Watanabe wrote:

Little Hitler with his rule book. LOL

Erm, it's not Derek's rule book, and in fact, the central point that Derek is trying to make is that there isn't a rule in the rule book which covers the display in the forum of real life photos of individuals made voluntarily publicly available on the net with no identification made of the subjects and with no attempt to associate the real life identities of the individuals shown with specific SL avatars.

Non-existence of such a rule would not, however, preclude its being used as an adjunct to the CG catchall:

"the actions taken (or not taken) by Linden Lab and our moderators are at our sole discretion, and we may act without warning or explanation"

While this does contradict the commitments that successive Community Managers have publicly made, and which would seem supported by Ebbe's very public pronouncement early in his reign of a desire for "transparency with authority", I understand that LL management might find it easier, and less embarrassing if it occasionally exercised the right not to explain why they had not followed their own defined Guidelines.

In this context, I think Derek was trying to be helpful to the poster, lest she should fall foul of this "rule".

Tari Landar wrote:

Here you go, a wall with pics
:P

Of course, most of them were taken in 2008-2009, minus a couple.....We've come a long way since those days, lol

Lovely! I should dig up some old pics too!

Love the frame too, i think its from the same shop as I got mine :)

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Ohjiro Watanabe wrote:

Erm, it's not Derek's rule book, 

-- boring ramble snipped ---

In this context, I think Derek was trying to be helpful to the poster, lest she should fall foul of this "rule".

That's right so what is Derek doing waving it.

In this context Derek was being a care troll.

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

WOW, Caitlin...I LOVE your place! The colors are magnificent!!!

aw, thank you so much!

I got a new house today and am totally out of control now..I.cannot.stop.

600 prims left to use and so many stuffs to put allover the place.....aarrgh!!

shock-stun-smiley-emoticon-000054-large.gif

Ohjiro Watanabe wrote:

Wuttaknob, eh indeed.

Considerate of you to announce yourself for others like that.

Now they can just look and say, "Oh never mind, it's just the knob spouting off again."

Know thyself as thy label.

Did you just awake from a 10 year coma?

Ohjiro Watanabe wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Ohjiro Watanabe wrote:

Erm, it's not Derek's rule book, 

-- boring ramble snipped ---

That's right so what is Derek doing waving it.

In this context Derek was being a care troll.

Obviously knob, your reach exceeds your grasp;

While my grasp exceeds your reach..

Oh YES, pretty colours.  Thats so much harder to get the right balance than monochrome rooms. You do have a good eye Caitlin.

My bedroom is up in the loft and the walls slope many ways, making it difficult to put anything on them or even up against the wall.  Sill I love it and there is a floor to ceiling window at each end with great views. 

wall_002.jpg

CheriColette wrote:

Oh YES, pretty colours.  Thats so much harder to get the right balance than monochrome rooms. You do have a good eye Caitlin.

My bedroom is up in the loft and the walls slope many ways, making it difficult to put anything on them or even up against the wall.  Sill I love it and there is a floor to ceiling window at each end with great views. 

Thank you! And for sharing your picture, looks lovely and yes...the challenge of sloped walls..!

My home has some too, but that is due to the fact I am terrible in rezzing objects and never seem to be able to rez a building without it being  some degrees off :P

Caitlin Tobias wrote:
 I am terrible in rezzing objects and never seem to be able to rez a building without it being  some degrees off
:P

Sounds like too much Advocaat to me!

[i am much impressed by the way this thread has recovered from derailing and keeps chugging along delightfully.]

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

LL would benefit from elimination from the GD forum.

Did you REALLY post that about me?

[Ah, no, you didn't. Freudian slip, I suppose.]

[You were actually just being a dog in the manger.]

I read this to imply that LL (the company) is constipated.  However, I see plenty of s**t.

CheriColette wrote:

Nice Tari.....reading the newspaper in the bath lol, my dad use to do that
:)

Hehe, yes he's reading the paper, and I am reading a book. I think that one's from 2010, maybe 2011.

I should also state, that's not a wall in a house, it's just a wall, all by its lonesome. I don't have a house up, just critters and builds everywhere.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.