My wall

Caitlin Tobias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Cleo, I suspect Derek believes his satire is obvious to everyone.

I'm sure Derek knows very well that no one without the ability to rub two brain cells together will necessarily understand what he has to say.

...Dres

It's that kind of hubris that makes me think LL would benefit from elimination of the GD forum.

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

PS Dres, check your mail.

I did and have been thoroughly insulted by the lack of dick shots.

...Dres

They are all on my wall.

You sent him the pics I made of your...err, your portrait?

Honestly, I think I've seen enough Derek dick shots to last me a lifetime.

...Dres (My sister might not be so accommodating.)

Derek Torvalar wrote:

That would be both a polite and considerate thing to do, don't you think? You just might make some good friends of the people here. I am sure it would not take hours and hours, and it need not be done on every single post you make. However, if you are going to insinuate yourself into the middle of a discussion I think it is prudent and wise to know just who you are getting involved with as well as to be damn sure you are aware of the subject under discussion. Remember, we are having a discussion in the General Discussion area. But then you weren't here for the real battles of a number of years ago, unless by another name.

By all means, you do as you please,  but understand how you present to others will determine how you are treated. We like to be entertaining but are not here for your ego-centric entertainment.

for the record, i didnt "insinuate" myself into any discussion in this thread...you commented on MY post first, not the other way around, and there was no "debate" going on at the time. I was VERY aware of the subject, which was wall decorations in SL homes, so no need to preach to me. Please dont forget that YOU were the one who started this entire thing by basically ordering my to remove my photo, even if you meant it as some kind of a joke.

I dont come in here to entertain anyone, or to be entertained. I use this forum for information, not as an accessory to my social life.

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Thank you for making my point for me.

I posted the pic in the hope of mollifying you as you seemed to have needed a pic rather desperately.

It is usually a good practise (watching McMasters?) to familiarize yourself with the players before wading into the fray. For instance, Caitlin and I have been good friends for 5 years and if she had a problem with my posting to the thread in the manner I have she would have told me to back off. And out of repsect for her I would have. But then Caity knows what I am referring to as she has read a number of the threads posted in the last week that refer to the issues here. You can also look at my posting history, as I have done with you, to get an idea about my style and concerns.

I have been following the thread, of cours, and have kept quiet because I was a bit unsure and curious on where this was going and also, as Derek and Llazarus know I am very careful in what I post (pictures as well as text), due to past experiences in this forum.

Posting or having pics of actors portraying characters from a tv show, I personally have no issue with this and can't see it as a problem - fan-art/posters/photos with autographs etc are often free available on official websites as long as you don't use it for profit..but just as a fan, why not ? I do not think this was your issue with Cleo's image, right?

I had no idea a simple thread on wall decoration would go the way this one went, but hey hoo..I've seen worse derailings
:P

Oh and Derek, I would have loved to show the other wall in my home, with our pic... but alas, I would have had to blur the complete wall for disneyfication..
:)

Anyway, for every one else: show them walls!

No, as I, and the Llazgun echoed, I have no issues with what Cleo posted in the least. Just a little exercise.

And this wasn't a derail, we may have been up on two wheels but not completely off the rails.

We should get together for another shoot, if you have the wallspace. ;-)

Derek Torvalar wrote:

No, as I, and the Llazgun echoed, I have no issues with what Cleo posted in the least. Just a little exercise.

And this wasn't a derail, we may have been up on two wheels but not completely off the rails.

OK, then maybe I will see some more wall decoration tomorrow morning over breakfast!

Ah and another shoot sounds good, I have some walls left and I also found some pants for you to wear -a vailable at the mens department new round, which will be nice for a change: https://www.flickr.com/photos/xuelovespizza/16686760922/

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

I'm sure Derek knows very well that no one without the ability to rub two brain cells together will necessarily understand what he has to say.

...Dres

It's that kind of hubris that makes me think LL would benefit from elimination of the GD forum.

"Hubris" McMasters? What a revealing and confirmatory choice.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

...Dres

Hubris?... me?  Are you kidding?  I think you know me better than that, Maddy.  I suppose I did exaggerate a bit and, for that, I apologize. But I'm in no way all that very hubrisitic.

...Dres

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

OK, then maybe I will see some more wall decoration tomorrow morning over breakfast!

Ah and another shoot sounds good, I have some walls left and I also found some pants for you to wear -a vailable at the mens department new round, which will be nice for a change:

ROFL

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

...Dres

Hubris has something to do with circumcision, right?

...Dres

CleoSertorii wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

That would be both a polite and considerate thing to do, don't you think? You just might make some good friends of the people here. I am sure it would not take hours and hours, and it need not be done on every single post you make. However, if you are going to insinuate yourself into the middle of a discussion I think it is prudent and wise to know just who you are getting involved with as well as to be damn sure you are aware of the subject under discussion. Remember, we are having a discussion in the General Discussion area. But then you weren't here for the real battles of a number of years ago, unless by another name.

By all means, you do as you please,  but understand how you present to others will determine how you are treated. We like to be entertaining but are not here for your ego-centric entertainment.

for the record, i didnt "insinuate" myself into any discussion in this thread...you commented on MY post first, not the other way around, and there was no "debate" going on at the time. I was VERY aware of the subject, which was wall decorations in SL homes, so no need to preach to me. Please dont forget that YOU were the one who started this entire thing by basically ordering my to remove my photo, even if you meant it as some kind of a joke.

I dont come in here to entertain anyone, or to be entertained. I
abuse
this forum for information, not as an accessory to my social life.

FIFY

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

...Dres

Hubris has something to do with circumcision, right?

...Dres

Um, ya,  of course.

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

See, wallspace enough...and I can also cover the windows, I am easy like that:

Oooohhh, lots of space left.

Looks like it's going to be a long shoot. ;-P

<waits for Dres>

You want a pic of you and Dres? Fine with me, as long as you don't bring your turkey.

I do have my standards..

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

See, wallspace enough...and I can also cover the windows, I am easy like that:

Oooohhh, lots of space left.

Looks like it's going to be a long shoot. ;-P

<waits for Dres>

You want a pic of you and Dres? Fine with me, as long as you don't bring your turkey.

I do have my standards..

The turkey is only set up for singles at the moment but I can modify it for couples or more.

Do you prefer breast or thighs?

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

I don't put friends or family's pics on the wall anymore... I put up friends' artwork on my wall...

This is my good friend Trinity Yazimoto's artwork on my wall.

This is Whiskey Monday's artwork on my wall.

...Dres

ooh nice!

I have a one from Trinity too, and a work from another artist,  in my groundlevel home!

My own personal pics are only  in my skyhome.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

{snip}

[Apart from the bit which says you are not supposed to annoy anyone, which means that I could RIC the majority of posts ever made in the forums, because
humanity
 annoys me.]

FIFY!

Are you kidding me?  Why on earth would you replace stupidity with humanity?  Do you honestly think all humans are stupid?

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Darrius Gothly wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

{snip}

[Apart from the bit which says you are not supposed to annoy anyone, which means that I could RIC the majority of posts ever made in the forums, because
humanity
 annoys me.]

FIFY!

Are you kidding me?  Why on earth would you replace stupidity with humanity?  Do you honestly think all humans are stupid?

...Dres

ROFL!! Good heavens Dres! Did someone drive over your prized petunias today or something?

If you'll notice, I modified the words from LlLl's post so as to make his statement a more accurate description of what annoys him ... that being "Humanity". I would have thought that as someone prone to reading a large number of posts, and also as someone that has developed a fairly accurate sense of LlLl, you would recognize the clarity of my slight modification. (Not to mention the tongue-in-cheek ribbing.)

But honestly .. did you really read it as me making a generalized comparison? *eyeroll* You might wanna put down that coffee cup and switch to something a bit less .. ummm .. caffeinated?

Darrius Gothly wrote:

ROFL!! Good heavens Dres! Did someone drive over your prized petunias today or something?

OMG... how'd you know?  You must have done it... you b!tch!

As far as Llaz's statement, you've no idea what his intent was in stating his opposition to stupidity.  That would call for the knowledge of the operation of his mind, which I can only assume you do not possess.  I know that Llazy doesn't automatically consider every human to be stupid (I've know him for years now).  Do I understand what point you were trying to make?... of course.  Does that mean that your point is in any way accurate?... of course not.

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Darrius Gothly wrote:

OMG... how'd you know?  You must have done it... you b!tch!

As far as Llaz's statement, you've no idea what his intent was in stating his opposition to stupidity.  That would call for the knowledge of the operation of his mind, which I can only assume you do not possess.  I know that Llazy doesn't automatically consider every human to be stupid (I've know him for years now).  Do I understand what point you were trying to make?... of course.  Does that mean that your point is in any way accurate?... of course not.

...Dres

Actually, it wasn't me. But I can supply the URL to the YouTube video of the Imgur post about the Tweet that set off the miscreant that did do it.

As for LlLl's "intent" .. I have come to understand that his intent is pretty much exactly displayed in his posts. I've not known him to be shy or reticent in expressing his opinion nor his intent. I also know that he does not consider every human to be stupid, only those that display an ample aptitude for it.

As for you understanding my "point" .. I sincerely believe you haven't exactly grasped it yet. So allow me to ruin the joke by explaining precisely my point.

LlLl loves to play the curmudgeon. He does it with aplomb, pinache and a rather deft mastery of language. My point was to amplify his curmudgeonly statement in an obviously overblown but joking manner.

For some unknown reason you have responded to a good natured jab in the ribs (from me to LlLl) as though I was attacking him, or attacking humanity .. or attacking the forums .. or something. In short you've gone all defensive, combative and (honestly) over the top ..

In response to a joke!

Now, in the event you still haven't latched onto my real point yet and for some reason decide to once again post a response that adopts the same sort of combative tone then I'll be forced to let you have the last word.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

{snip}

inhumanity

annoys me.]

FIFY!

FIFM!

[settle down there boys! It's almost impossible to tell if somebody is (not being) serious using just text.]

[To avoid misunderstanding, you may assume I am always serious.]

[Except when I wrote the sentence above.]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.