Monday Moan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why do some of those who feel the need to gain kudos over in Answers (not all of them; for example, Rolig is too busy and Lindal knows better) think that they can come to General Discussions and apply the same attitudes, expecting threads to remain on track,  not recognising humour, and thinking that everything has a single, correct answer?

I have news for you, guys. You won't enjoy the way GD is going, so you might be better off sticking to your cut-and-pasting.

But don't worry, we'll send over any threads started in GD which should be in Answers, so you'll still have stuff to do.

[Ditto for threads appropriate to Technical or Commerce; we might keep some of the Adult ones though.]

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Why do some of those who feel the need to gain kudos over in Answers (not all of them; for example, Rolig is too busy and Lindal knows better) think that they can come to General Discussions and apply the same attitudes, expecting threads to remain on track,  not recognising humour, and thinking that everything has a single, correct answer?

I have news for you, guys. You won't enjoy the way GD is going, so you might be better off sticking to your cut-and-pasting.

But don't worry, we'll send over any threads started in GD which should be in Answers, so you'll still have stuff to do.

[Ditto for threads appropriate to Technical or Commerce; we might keep some of the Adult ones though.]

Wait till the Wednesday Whinging starts, that's when they are really warmed up...

Llazarus? I am getting seriously worried about you lately. Not only have you recently waded into the middle of a fight .. to break it up!! .. but now you're demonstrating an almost tender fatherly concern for the well being of GD.

You're not going soft on us now, are ya?

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Oh and don't forget the occasional Friday Freakout when all the gloves are removed....

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Llazarus? I am getting seriously worried about you lately. Not only have you recently waded into the middle of a fight ..
to break it up!!
.. but now you're demonstrating an almost tender fatherly concern for the well being of GD.

He is a recent recruit to the CaringNazi movement.

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

LMAO! Ummm, that may have actually been me at some point in the old days.....Not sure if I ever went that far, though. Took me a while to understand a certain old forum soul....lol! 

The forums are really not important enough that quitting them should be necessary; and they are certainly not sufficiently important that anyone should find it necessary to return.

Unless you're inherently contrarily refractory, of course.

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

LMAO! Ummm, that may have actually been me at some point in the old days.....Not sure if I ever went that far, though. Took me a while to understand a certain old forum soul....lol! 

The forums are really not important enough that quitting them should be necessary; and they are certainly not sufficiently important that anyone should find it necessary to return.

Unless you're inherently contrarily refractory, of course.

I'm glad you returned.  The GD forum has never operated as it does today.  You are a catalyst for discussion, banter, humor, and just plain entertainment.  Thank you.  For the first time in a long time I find myself reading and participating in the GD forum.  Some other new voices, and old posters who have returned, are pretty cool, too.

PS Do you have a preference or are you sensitive to how others should refer to you?  I mean LlazarusLlong is just too many keystrokes. 

DejaHo wrote:

PS Do you have a preference or are you sensitive to how others should refer to you?  I mean LlazarusLlong is just too many keystrokes. 

LL would do; I don't think it would cause any confusion, would it?

Actually, since I am probably now the Father of the Forum, you could call me Pop, I suppose.

[it's slightly easier to type than my preferred #1 sobriquet, SLIG, which is short for "Significantly Lacking In Gravitas"]

I second what Deja said.....I like the GD thread, hardly look at the others unless Im after something specific. 

And I noticed your name abbreviated to LL and wondered if you did that on purpose :) 

Someone else used LiLI as reference to you and I thought that was good.  But if you want to be Pop well okay then.

CheriColette wrote:

I second what
Deja
said.....

Someone else used
LiLI
as reference...

My friends call me Ho.  Or the Ho. 

I swear I didn't write Lili's name.  I heard you can get RIC'd for writing those letters in a public forum.    

DejaHo wrote:

I'm glad you returned.  The GD forum has never operated as it does today.  You are a catalyst for discussion, banter, humor, and just plain entertainment.  Thank you.  For the first time in a long time I find myself reading and participating in the GD forum.  Some other new voices, and old posters who have returned, are pretty cool, too.

This bit....is what Im agreeing to.  Sorry if any misunderstanding Ho  :)

(and my typo  LlLl  I saw in another thread not LiLl) 

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Llazarus? I am getting seriously worried about you lately. Not only have you recently waded into the middle of a fight ..
to break it up!!
.. but now you're demonstrating an almost tender fatherly concern for the well being of GD.

agree

this guy is thoughtful, helpful and lighthearted carefree and happy even

ps. I like this guy (:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.