Missing Pet after sim reset

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I am missing a pet after region restart.

I've checked lost and found, objects, trash, everywhere possible in inventory.  The land owner has checked the land, and nothing.

I paid for this scripted animal a few days ago and day after putting him down/sim reset, he is gone!

There isn't an option in help/support on this topic, so just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks!

AONEH Fallen wrote:

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I am missing a pet after region restart.

I've checked lost and found, objects, trash, everywhere possible in inventory.  The land owner has checked the land, and nothing.

I paid for this scripted animal a few days ago and day after putting him down/sim reset, he is gone!

There isn't an option in help/support on this topic, so just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks!

If a region has to be "rolled back" to an earlier state for some reason no-copy items placed on that region after the time the region was last backed up my disappear.

However, many no-copy animals in Second Life communicate with a server run by the animal creator, and can be replaced by the maker after you contact them with details. Get in touch with the maker and see if this is an option.

It happens sometimes.  This is why LL says not to rez no copy items on days when they do rollouts and sim restarts.  Here is where you can keep up with the schedule or find out about unschedule events that effect the grid.

If the pet was no Copy, I'm afraid you lost it.  You can contact the creator and ask for another copy, but I doubt they will give you one because you can't prove to them you didn't just give it away or sell it and it was not their fault you lost your pet.

If the pet was no transfer, you should have a copy in your inventory.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

AONEH Fallen wrote:

Thanks!

If a region has to be "rolled back" to an earlier state for some reason no-copy items placed on that region after the time the region was last backed up my disappear.

However, many no-copy animals in Second Life communicate with a server run by the animal creator, and can be replaced by the maker after you contact them with details. Get in touch with the maker and see if this is an option.

You may also want to check if there is a "lost and found" where you bought the pet.

VKC has one for their critters on their SIM where you can reclaim them.  It's at their Vet Clinic.

Sims are "saved" every 5 minutes or so.  If you rez something after a save but the sim is restarted before the next save, it will restart in whatever condition it was at the last save.

Explain this circumstance to the creator, and that this is not one of the usual "I cant find it in inventory" situations that are so common.  The creator is under no obligation to replace your content under any circumstances, but under this one, most will do so.

Most creators of breedable animals will replace a lost pet for you. I've done it with Amaretto horses. Not sure if they can do it without the UUID of the pet though and if you didn't keep a copy of that before it disappeared there's no way to get it now.  But their servers do keep a database of each pet and who owns it so they might be able to track it down and send you another copy. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.