Mesh Prims Not Showing

TedStark

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just got my new computer today and I find that a lot of mesh on myself or on others will not show. I have changed my graphic settings, cleared my cache, relogged, reset my internet, tried a different viewer, nothing seems to work. My computer's specs are:

Processor: AMD Athlon X4 860K Quad Core Processor

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 240

I'm wondering if my computer's parts are at fault or if Second Life is just being stupid.

the latest AMD attmpts at OpenGL are relly bad and not fully compatible with Second Life. your choices are to skip back to Catalyst 14.4 which worked pretty well with SL, or to drop copies of those older OpenGL DLLs into the same folder as your viewer's .exe and keep the new driver installed for everything else.

see the "Issue Links:" section of https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-7947 for a copy of the required DLLs, that will cure the invisible mesh and a second issue with object selection outlines.

for a very quick workaround you can disable hardware skinning in your viewer's graphics preferences, but this setting forces you to use low quality graphics.

I quickly noticed this as soon as I turned my graphics to low. So I've just kept Hardware Skinning off and turned all my other settings to the max. I had forgotten about the AMD issue with SecondLife but thank you for the awesomely quick response.

Right, Ted and OAIO, now that one of you has asked the question and the other has taken the opportunity to parade their expertise, perhaps you'd like to participate in a little survey in conjunction with my campaign against irrelevance in the General Discussion forum.

1. Why did you post your question here, Ted, rather than in Answers or the Technical forum? Was it ignorance, laziness, or a deliberate decision to avoid cut-and-paste or incomprehensible responses by appealing to the most popular interactive property hosted by LL?

2. Why did you respond, OAIO? Do you want to encourage irrelevant threads in GD, sabotaging the purity of a forum where the essence of interactivity is the expression of opinion rather than fact? Or was it a mindless response, monkey see, monkey do, ignoring the context in which the query was posed? Or are you also concerned to garner informal kudos from the increased number of eyeballs who lurk, without necessarily posting, in GD?

Since this thread has not been removed, as I suggested to the mods, let's use it to take the opportunity to obtain - and discuss - first-hand information on the OP and respondent's rationale behind what is effectively anti-social behaviour; after all, this IS the General Discussions forum.

Perhaps because at the time that I originally made this thread, I could not find a relevant forum of which to post in. To be fair I still can't locate those two forums you mentioned. So I posted in the only area I thought I could post in, no need to be rude about it.

TedStark wrote:

Perhaps because at the time that I originally made this thread, I could not find a relevant forum of which to post in.

Ignorance then.

TedStark wrote:

I still can't locate those two forums you mentioned.

And continuing incompetence.

TedStark wrote:

no need to be rude about it.

Rude? I asked valid questions. You have now answered them.

Apparently to the best of your ability.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.