Little bit of WTF ... logged in and im tethered to a wall ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As ever. We are left to guess the state of your viewer, oh ya' think it might be an RLV restriction since you use RLV but omitted to add appropriate detail to this thread?

Turn off RLV, detach ALL scripted attachments and try again. You should spend some time learning about RLV too so that you can use the viewer menus to show you which items have restrictions in place so that you don't yet again last blame as to unsuspected operation in the wrong place!

Hint: RLV menu... Restrictions.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't tethering require wearing an object that is scripted for this function?

A scripted item yes though RLV itself provides no such function.  LSL has all the required scripting functions to keep someone in one place.

What I find frustrating here is that the OP just said "i've reset my avvie"  Well there is NO "Reset my avatar" function so once again, he has done *something* to clear the effect but has probably not learned anything along the journey as to finding out what the root cause was.

I presume he means that he has just changed outfit completely or something or chosen another base avatar and changed.  In other words, detached all attachments as was first suggested.

Splatulated wrote:

i just reset my avvie fixed everything 

ive been useing RLV folder for few days this is 1st time this happened soo what caused it ?? if previous post is correct and having RLV is the cause ?

That means nothing, there is no "reset my avvie" function so what exactly did you do?

RLV is NOT the cause, it will *likely* have been due to a scripted item but you didn't say what you had attached so that's about all that can be said.  RLV doesn't keep you in one spot though a typical product aimed at RLV use may well have a "leash" type function.

child-safety-strap.gif

Sassy Romano wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

i just reset my avvie fixed everything 

ive been useing RLV folder for few days this is 1st time this happened soo what caused it ?? if previous post is correct and having RLV is the cause ?

That means nothing, there is no "reset my avvie" function so what exactly did you do?

RLV is NOT the cause, it will *likely* have been due to a scripted item but you didn't say what you had attached so that's about all that can be said.  RLV doesn't keep you in one spot though a typical product aimed at RLV use may well have a "leash" type function.

Maybe she was wearing one of these and took it off.

Though my brief perusal of the MP did not reveal one of these for sale.  Which actually surprised me.  All the harnesses I saw were very adult.  I'd think some Parents in SL would love an item like this to keep their children from running around ape shiat in the clubs and stores.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.