LL should give more

greek Wingtips

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

greek Wingtips wrote:

As most struggle to pay for tiers i thinks LL should up its allance on how much we get fot what we pay for

Least the unwanted could be used generate more revenue for LL as most would use to buy

We would all love to get more for less.

And maybe one day LL will shock all of us and do that.

In the meanwhile I'm not going to hold my breath.

Completely agree, the tier is just too much.  I'm not holding my breath either though.

I had to downsize a while ago from a nice big plot to a measly 1680 sq.m. of mainland. RL issues suck. Now, if I still had the space and prim allowance, I would absolutely be buying lots more stuff and doing more in SL. I enjoy building and landscaping, which needs the space and costs money.

Around me are a number of abandoned parcels, some of them from myself when I downsized, going to waste. What a shame.

If the tier was half as much, I would probably be tempted to buy more land (I would probably not have downsized in the first place). It's just not worth it though unless I can afford a fair size.

Such is (second) life.

greek Wingtips wrote:

As most struggle to pay for tiers i thinks LL should up its allance on how much we get fot what we pay for

Least the unwanted could be used generate more revenue for LL as most would use to buy

Ok .. in another thread I might have been what sarcastic about the question asked.

I just couldn't make anything out of it.

However, I think what you are phrasing is interesting to discuss, but I'm not sure if I comprehend completely what you typed in your first post.

Do I understand correctly that  :

1. You find LL should reconsider the product it is selling, which is virtual land, at a reduced price to avoid abandoning land ?
  2.  You expect the sold land at lower prices would make Second Life (1.0)  profitable again for Lindenlab and would give an absolute certainty to retain users ?

.. and want to discuss that with others in this forum ?

For starters ... I hope you already understand yourself you are also asking to collapse the current land prices which keeps a part of the SL-economy in place right now.

But still .. interesting .. :robothappy:

ETA : Aren't there threads about that already ? Found one. 2012.

For some time I've been saying that I think it would be a good idea for Linden Lab to raise the tier-free limit from 512 sq m to 1024 sq m.   There are vast swathes of abandoned land on the mainland continents.  Raising the tier-free limit would encourage more people to go Premium, which would raise income for LL.  It would also make good use of some of the abandoned land.  

I know LL is a business and we shouldn't expect something for nothing, but raising the tier-free limit to 1024 sq m could be a win-win situation - for SL residents and LL.

Conifer Dada wrote:

For some time I've been saying that I think it would be a good idea for Linden Lab to raise the tier-free limit from 512 sq m to 1024 sq m.   There are vast swathes of abandoned land on the mainland continents.  Raising the tier-free limit would encourage more people to go Premium, which would raise income for LL.  It would also make good use of some of the abandoned land.  

I know LL is a business and we shouldn't expect something for nothing, but raising the tier-free limit to 1024 sq m could be a win-win situation - for SL residents and LL.

I would have loved to have had 1024 tier free.  But actually I'm not sure it would make LL more money.  Even calculating in the stipend, I could rent a 2048 for less then the cost of Premium membership plus additional tier.

Also according to Grid Survey only 12 to 14% of Mainland is abandonned.  When I did own land, 4096, with group bonus I could have still added another 512 for no extra cost.  Up my free allotment to 1024 and I would have snatched another plot.  We don't know how many people own the 85% of Mainland that is owned but if they up the free parcel to 1024 a huge hunk of that abandonned land will be snapped up by those people. Then add in people who'd just move over from the Linden Homes. So there may not be a net gain to LL.

Vulpinus wrote:

If the tier was half as much, I would probably be tempted to buy more land (I would probably not have downsized in the first place).

can understand what you mean when you said that had to tier down bc RL

if tho tier were half as much then you most likely have twice as much land as you have now and no more than this

we got a RL budget for all things. and we try to maximise our budget as best we can. Is rare tho that we do increase our budgets without a corresponding increase in our RL wealth/income. Something beyond the control of companies like LL who are not our employers

where cost to us does have a influence is when choosing what to spend our budget on. Like do we buy SL tier, or do we buy into another game/world instead, or maybe go out to a RL cafe and buy a coffee

and what is the value of that to us. Like sometimes a coffee and the time spent to have. can be of more value to us depending on the situation

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.