Issues With Firestorm - Help ?

Graelwyn Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3944 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Only just started using a mesh viewer, as I am only on an i5 laptop, which is running a 1gb nvidia 330m card, not really very ideal for running mesh, and I don't want to kill my video card.

I was fine for 2 days, but tonight when I logged into firestorm, everything was whited out, bar a few odd orange circles. I tried relogging, and this time, I could see, but everything was really pale, and I had these weird artefacts on the right of my screen, basically 2 squares with some sort of giant foot inside, assuming something got glitched there.

I uninstalled, and reinstalled, the artefacts went, but everything was still pale so I turned of basic shaders, and turned it back on again and that seems to have resolved the issue, for now.

I am also only getting about 20fps in crowded places. I was getting 80fps on my non mesh viewer.

Anyone have any idea as to why I got the issues I did, and what viewer might work best for my laptop?

• 5 months later...

At first my WASD keys were great to use  for movement. I really dislike the arrows it is a very non-intuitive way to navigate Re: walking.  I have tried many times to use firestorm to get my w a s d  to work. even though i have unchecked almost everything regarding move and view.  it was just fine until I got the message that firestorm had an update.

Now I cannot move or use any keys to walk other than  the d key and the s key.  I hate the arrow keys, it is counter intuitive.

Is there a way to undo the update for me so I can walk with grace?

I tried everything to get  to my wasd. I even did this: 

*Start button> Control Panel>  Clock, languages, region > Change keyboards> Installed services>  click add> keyboard select  Azerty keyboard. SO I deduce that it is a firestorm problem and I still cannot get my W A S D to walk. I tried all yesterday after that  F*^% update

Neon Hammerer wrote:

I have tried many times to use firestorm to get my w a s d  to work. even though i have unchecked almost everything regarding move and view.  it was just fine until I got the message that firestorm had an update.

Is there a way to undo the update for me so I can walk with grace?

I think there is nothing wrong with the Firestorm update.  At least for me the WASD keys for movement worked well in the previous viewer and they do work well with latest update - Firestorm 4.4.0 (33720) Apr 22 2013.

Only thing what I have set up is:

"Preferences, General" --> Pressing letter keys: Affects movement (i.e. WASD)

I'm using QWERTY keyboard layout.

So I deduce that there is nothing wrong with Firestorm update.

Did you do a clean re-install, which is always highly recommended to avoid problems?

Clean re-install

PS.

You definitely don't want to use older Firestorm viewer any more.  Server side appearance is coming very soon and all  viewers without the necessary update will not render avatars correctly;  all avatars will stay gray.

They changed something with the shadows that makes my eyes start to bleed with the latest version

Old shadows: (LL vierwe as the old firestorm is gone)
http://i34.tinypic.com/21d0g1f.jpg

New shadows:
http://i37.tinypic.com/b3pv2b.jpg

Closer details:
http://i36.tinypic.com/o8ewc6.jpg

Almost feels asif antialias fails or something like that, when you rotate around your eyes start to bleed as the edges flicker on everything and no matter what i change or revert back to what it used to be, it won`t be crisp clear
When zooming out sloly, the shadows start to fade

Anyone an idea? lol

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3944 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.