Is there a wiki page showing & explaining top toolbar icons?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings.

For a while now, i've been wondering if there is a wiki page that shows the top toolbar icons and their meanings.  My search doesn't seem to work or I'm not doing it right.  Would love to know what some of them mean, especially ones that popup now and again.  I know what most are like no rezzing, no flying, no voice, no pushing, etc.  One that pops up looks like an "s" or the number 5 with the top part of it looking like an arrow.  It's white and will have a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it.  Sometimes the red circle with the ban line going through it. 

Help in finding the wiki page or deciphering the description will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Amza Hydraconis

I don't know if there is a wiki, but the one you are referring to is for pathfinding, at least I believe so by your description. The information about pathfinding can be found here...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Pathfinding_in_Second_Life

Those are parcel status icons, btw., at least,t hat's what they used to be called. It's entirely likely any info you find about them all in one place, is outdated. You SHOULD be able to get hover tips when you put your cursor over them, or click them and get info. Whether or not it always works, I don't know, lol. I'm not logged in atm tho :)

Amza Hydraconis wrote:

For a while now, i've been wondering if there is a wiki page that shows the top toolbar icons and their meanings.

In the viewer there is a built in explanation for the meaning of those icons.

Just hover you mouse on top of any icon there. An explanation what the icon means will show up. You can even click the icon, and then a window with more detailed explanation will pop up.

Nothing happens when I put my cursor over them.  When I right click on them all I get is a window with the following:

Show Navigation and Search Bar

Show Favorites Bar

Show Search Bar

Show Location in Top Menu

These are all check marked.

And my hover tips are turned on.  I'm using the Firestorm viewer. 

well that's nice, there is even a special region set aside to document these, but no central reference, only the tips inside the viewer.

You can left click on these icons to see what they mean. a dialog will pops up with an explanation.

most of them always have the same meaning, but the "no scripts" icon meaning can vary (parcel no-scripts is only a limited block and easy to override, while region or estate no-scripts means nothing at all will run.)

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

well that's nice, there is even a special region set aside to document these, but no central reference, only the tips inside the viewer.

You can
left
click on these icons to see what they mean. a dialog will pops up with an explanation.

most of them always have the same meaning, but the "no scripts" icon meaning can vary (parcel no-scripts is only a limited block and easy to override, while region or estate no-scripts means nothing at all will run.)

Sometimes you have to look in "about land" in order to get the fine print.

For instance when "No Build" shows it still may be enabled for Group members, etc, etc.

ETA, the Pop Up will still say for a group member that they can not build even if they can.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.