Honored Resident
casisa24

Inventory issues! (LOST OF INVENTORY)

My SL wife lost everything in her inventory. That was today. She she tried to clear cache but still miss all her sttufs at the inventory. A friend told me about clear inventory cache, but she is using linden lab SL viewer, and i dont know how to do that in that viewer...

So here comes the question... How can she clear the inventory cache using linden lab SL viewer?

I´ll be very greateful if any of u guys can help us in this, because she is very upset and mad cuz lost of her inventory.

At first we thought it was a hacker. But she still have her lindens, so that is not an option now.

Best regards!

Re: Inventory issues! (LOST OF INVENTORY)

Reply to casisa24 - view message

It is located in Preferences on the Network & Cache tab.

If that doesn't fix it have her do a clean reinstall

Photobucket
Honored Resident
casisa24

Reply to Amethyst Jetaime - view message

But remember she is using Second Life Viewer 3.3.0 in windows xp. That location its different.

In SL 3.3.0. viewer its not that way. 

I´ll see the other opcion u gave me. But clearing inventory cache in SL 3.3.0. viewer does not go that way.

Thank u very much for the replay. I appreciate it

Regards!

The clear cache button is the same in all SL viewers according to the knowledge base.  Back when i ran XP that is where it always was too.

If your talking about manually clearing cache, the directions for XP were in the link i gave you:

Windows XP

1. Open C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings and delete the contents of your Temp folder.
  2. Open C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Second Life and delete the contents of the cache folder.
  3. Uninstall Second Life using the Add/Remove Programs tool in your Windows Control Panel.
  4. Go to secondlife.com/download to download and install the latest release.
Photobucket

Amethyst gave you the basic info.

If you decide to run the uninstall program, know that it will wipe out your chat logs. So, if she wants to keep them, they need to be moved to a save place before uninstalling. The nearby chat is in a file named chat.txt. Other chat files have avatar or group names. In XP you'll find them in:

C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USERNAME]\Application Data\SecondLife\

You can find the full drill for a clean install here: Second Life Clean Install. It is written for those that use more than one viewer. So, it provides more information than the basic Cline Install the SL Wiki provides.

Dilbert Dilweg

[ Edited ]

Reply to Amethyst Jetaime - view message

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

It is located in Preferences on the Network & Cache tab.

In viewer 3 it is no longer at that old location.  it is at  "Preferences/Advanced/Clear Cache"

@ casisa24 Just make sure after they clear cache. to log in to another region, incase the region you were on is having issues, You should not need to go thru all that clean install stuff

Honored Resident
casisa24

Reply to Dilbert Dilweg - view message

HI, thank u for the replies.

She has already clear the cache but still missing all her items in its inventory.

As i told you a friend of mine gave me an option... Its about clearing the inventory cache. But i can not see that option in SL linden lab viewer. In phoenix that option its avalible but in SL linden lab viewer its not, i mean i can not see it.

My question at first was, if any of u guys know How to clear INVENTORY cache using SL linden lab viewer. A friend told me about it was possible to clean the inventory cache. He use the phoenix viewer and the viewer has the option of clearing the inventory cache , but in the SL viewer Linden Lab does not have that option. He said that maybe cleaning the inventory cache  is possible to recover all items.

I hope u guys can understand what i mean. I know my english is not good, because im a caribbean guy and here i can not see an spanish forum.

Thank u for everything,

Regards !

Dilbert Dilweg

[ Edited ]

Phoenix only has that seperate option to clear Inventory Cache.

The Linden Lab viewer ( viewer 3)  Clear inventory cache is exactly where i said it was, Preferences/Advanced tab/Clear Cache. It just wont be like phoenix system because all viewers are not the same contrary to what somone said above. So it wont say Clear inventory Cache. The button just simply says Clear Cache

The Linden Lab viewer does not even have a network and folder tab anymore

Honored Resident
casisa24

Reply to Dilbert Dilweg - view message

Omg, its sad to heard that, because it was the only option i had to help her getting back all stuffs. She has nothing but her lindens. The only thing still remaining its the lindens she had before this happened.

This is so sad. This really disappoint me. She has bought many expensive things and everything was lost.

I really hope someone can help me getting her stuffs back. This cant happen. Second life has to offer security to its users, i do not want to think she lost everything.

In the top of that i can not help her as i want to, because she is thousands of kilometers from me.

I really appreciate it that u all take the time to replay me. Thank u very much.

Dilbert Dilweg

[ Edited ]

The button does the same thing....... Just because it doesnt have the same name or location.

Her items are still there

Just click that clear cache button and relog into a empty region somewhere else or follow the instructions above on how to delete the files manually.

In the Linden Viewer you can clearly see a path to the cache folder when you navagate to Preferences/Advanced Tab/ The cache folder and location is there. Just go there and delete everything inside and restaRT THE VIEWER.  but be wise and start in a different location

If all that doesnt work and reinstalling doesnt work then file a support ticket.

Good luck