Ideas for clearing out old stuff.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've got a bunch of old inventory I don't much care for anymore.

All the pre-mesh stuff - which I know is still quite popular for others, but not for me.

The no-trans stuff I've been putting into prims inside prims to collapse it all down to just a few prims.

- And eventually if I hit a 'what is this again?' stage I will just be able to delete a prim or two and move on with my SL.

The trans stuff... I've sent off to alts, but that just passes the buck to myself...

Debating between finding a garage sale place, or just setting out freebie boxes.

Most of this is old clothes.

What do folks tend to do when they get in the 'inventory cleanup' mood?

Just delete 10,000 items in one brutal click, pass out the freebies, set up a garage sale, send them to an unsuspecting noob, or?

if they are Copy and Transfer then give them to your fav newbie helpy sim freebie store owner

if they Transfer and NoCopy and you dont care about selling yardsale then give direct to new person yourself as you find them. Boxing or foldering them into outfits is quite good. T/NC is not much use for the above kinds of owners bc onetime only vendor

for NoTrans then I just delete. Am pretty ruthless about this. I like to keep my Inventory to under 4,000 incl. Library. If I dont use or wear regular then is gone burger

for clothes and accessories I measure regular by My Outfits. If i dont use as part of an outfit then gone burger. If I delete a outfit bc I dont like it anymore then anything that is not part of another outfit is gone burger

is some nostalgic/memories stuff that I might keep but is not much of that

For a while now I keep my inventory < 4K. I use organizers (made and bought) and I developed a system that most likely only work for me :matte-motes-big-grin: But I keep everything. It is fun to unpack a box that was in a organizer for 3 years and then wondering why the *beep* you ever liked that stuff that comes out.

Don't forget outfit folders. They just contain shorcuts and I managed to reduce my inventory size by 20,000 just clearing out old outfits. Also landmark and notecard folders are easy to prune. They are nearly all replaceable. I have given up on boxing. The asset server being what it is only half what you drag into the box gets there. Just delete the stuff you don't want, life is too short to spend it scrolling down a boxes contents and your folder spotting what went in and didn't. It is bad enough doing that when building something with animations without inflicting it on yourself to clear a couple of hundred objects from your inventory. I think the best advice is not to obsess about it. I have getting on for 90,000 objects in my inventory and a friend told me she has nearly 200,000. Nothing bad happens.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.