I'm pitiful!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

is not all that recent a phenom

back in the day circa 2006/2007 when the Great Migration was at its peak, friending was way more commonplace than it is today

friending (or as was referred to then frending) began on MySpace. Was rampant on there. I had about 8,000 something frends on MySpace. Lots of people had way more. One guy set out to frend 1 million people. He achieved it in about 8 months

then they came to SL in the great migration

+

standing at the Help Islands (as anybody who also did that can say) frending was rampant there. New people would pile in to a island at rates of between 15-25 per minute on weekends. The first thing most people did was click Add Me on everyone they saw. Even before they worked out how to chat. I used to typically get over a 100 frend requests in a 3 hour session on the Help islands

also people were way more clueless than they are today, about how the world worked or what even it was they were in. They didnt much care either really. Just ran round bumping and crashing into each other, into walls, the water, whichever (: lol. And then making heaps of noise when they worked out what gestures were and how to click on stuff

and then there was Go To. Right-click on a avatar and pick Go To on the menu. It would put them right in your face. And then they click Addme  (:

was a real innocence about it all then. A big adventure even

+

today people are far more sophisticated and knowledgeable. Like they know more before coming into SL about how 3D environments work. From playing games. And people today know more about how a computer works than they did in those days. Like: How do I move myself?? if answer: use WASD keys. Most times they would reply: wut!?!

while we get the odd outlier on the forums these days as if. Is nowhere near numerically what it was like a few years ago. In terms of what people know already

+

what is more noticeable tho these days is when do come across a truly clueless person. Is noticeable bc they are way more rare than they used to be

unlike back in the day when pretty much everyone normal was clueless about how their computers worked even. Nevermind anyone normal even knowing what is the internets

clueless was normal then. 100s of 100,000s of normal clueless people on a big adventure into what was for them the unknown

whats interesting about most of the survivors of that big adventure is how tolerant they are of the rare actual forreal clueless person they do meet these days on the internets

+

is a few people who did survive and are intolerant. But they were intolerant of cluelessness in themselves also back in the day. They used to froth and mouth off in the chat all the time, at LL, at everyone and anyone near them. But at themselfs mostly tho. Just rage out of frustration really

Used to be quite funny sometimes. Like some person raging away in the HI sandbox to himself. bc this. and that. and is so stupid how this stupid thing works in some stupid unfathomable way. Or not work even when fathomable sometimes (:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

OK, I've held off long enough,,,,my 1st thought when I first read the post title is below:

Enjoy!

Most men have tended to shy away from that band...

Well I wasn't suggesting that you are like most men... Clearly you are a bit ....unique! :P

LlazarusLlong wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

Used to be quite funny sometimes. Like some person raging away in the HI sandbox to himself. bc this. and that. and is so stupid how this stupid thing works in some stupid unfathomable way. Or not work even when fathomable sometimes (:

Sounds like

yes lol (: thats a good rage

as Cerise tell him. In SL get both game modes. Steer mode the default for SL, which is what he was rant about. And Look mode which is the inverse (Invert) of Steer. The mode he was wanting. If was me then I probably would of told him that he needs to play more games. Which he obviously hasnt bc he would have known about Steer and Look modes. And not just Look mode

so a genuine clueless person I think

+

I dont think it matters to him anymore tho. Going off what he wrote he already shamequit. So not a survivor. Shamed out by frustration at his own cluelessness

used to get heaps of them also back in the day. Same on MySpace. Shamequit and delete their page

shamequit:

rant! rage!! rant! rant!

umm! dude it goes like this

wut?!?? oh!!!

shaaamme

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.