I found an item that is clearly copyrighted material

Splatulated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Let me rephrase that for you.

You have found an item that you suspect breaches copyright but you cannot be certain because you yourself do not know what rights may have been granted or whether the person who created the item in SL is in fact the copyright holder.

The name of the item is irrelevant as is any attribution unless explicitly required by the copyright holder in accordance with any use rights that may have been granted.

In other words, you found something, if you're feeling like being an SL policeman. Notify the copyright holder. Beyond that, it's neither your issue nor LL's until they are notified by the copyright holder themselves.

Is your Google still broken?

Sassy Romano wrote:

You have found an item that you suspect breaches copyright but you cannot be certain because you yourself do not know what rights may have been granted or whether the person who created the item in SL is in fact the copyright holder.

The name of the item is irrelevant as is any attribution unless explicitly required by the copyright holder in accordance with any use rights that may have been granted.

In other words, you found something, if you're feeling like being an SL policeman. Notify the copyright holder. Beyond that, it's neither your issue nor LL's until they are notified by the copyright holder themselves.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Razor-Saber-32/5285998

fairly sure no one other than Bethesda would have copyright to this material but they do allow modding to their games but I do not know if they approve of people recreating it in other forms and making money off it

Splatulated wrote:

Sassy Romano wrote:

fairly sure no one other than Bethesda would have copyright to this material but they do allow modding to their games but I do not know if they approve of people recreating it in other forms and making money off it

This is why you always inform the creator ,because  you do not know if they approve or not..

There are creators that do sell products for people to incorporate into their businesses and products to sell..

Always contact the creator because they are the only ones that will be sure of their own business..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.