How much is your online privacy worth to you?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Cameleon Lethecus wrote:

Dresden Ceriano,

*Smiles* You are entitled to your own opinion. How ever, fact can not be altered by opinion. Have a great day!

Cam

Maybe you can seperate the egg yolk from the white, but what we saw here was the whole egg before the shell was cracked.

Cameleon Lethecus wrote:

Madelane McMasters,

I thank you for your comment! I love the amount of engagment I have recieved from the SL Community on this topic. In response to your statement " I'd give them my RL information so they could ship to me; but they'd have no way of knowing Iwas also a customer in a virtual world" I must pose the question, what if they make purchase via Linden on their website for the RL good an option that they would like residents to utilize? 

Cam

SL is an entertainment expense for me, and a very small one at that. I do not earn money here. So, to purchase real goods with L$, I'd have to pay the exchange fee, twice. I prefer to keep my virtual and real selves separate (so I can wreak havoc in either world without alienating the other) and there is no cost for me to do so.

So, I do not forsee a circumstance in which I'd pay L$ for real goods.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Cameleon Lethecus wrote:

Dresden Ceriano,

*Smiles* You are entitled to your own opinion. How ever, fact can not be altered by opinion. Have a great day!

Cam

Maybe you can seperate the egg yolk from the white, but what we saw here was the whole egg before the shell was cracked.

It's hard to take a smile seriously from someone who's got egg on their face.

...Dres *will undoubtedly have a great day*

Cameleon Lethecus wrote:

Hey there Second Life residents,

I have been pondering something for quite some time now, and that is, How much is keeping your real life adress, out of the hands of merchants, in virtual worlds (not just second life) worth to you? I feel using dollar terms as the scale here, will help to quantify such a qualitative question. So I am curious to know; how much is it worth to you? 

Cam 

Keeping my RL info out of the hands of SL merchants is easy and free. Simply by not actually telling anyone.  (oh and not using Failbook helps too).

Cameleon Lethecus wrote:

... I am a firm believer that as technology advances and becomes more and more, a part of everyday life, people will slowley start to blend the two together and there will not be a need anymore for Alias names in Virtual Worlds (or at least no need for anonymity behind the name). ...

probably best to not mix up your augmentation with your immersion at this early stage in your planning

Philip R (HF)  is doing augmentation. Ebbe L (SL) is doing immersion 

they not the same thing

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

augmersion

immertation

It's a good thing we live in different hemispheres. I don't think one is big enough for the both of us.

jeje q; (:

+

dont ask me. what you know is true

dont have to tell you. i love your precious heart

i. i was standing. you were there

two worlds collided. and they could never.. tear us apart

[ drinm dronm drom drom doumn doum doum doum ...

we could live.. for a thousand years

but if i hurt you.. i make wine from your tears

i told you. that we could fly.. cause we all have wings

but some of us.. we dont know why

i was standing. you were there

two worlds collided and they could never. ever.. tear us apart

[ drinm dronm drom drom doumn doum doum doum ...

(:

+

ps. if SL had a song then i pick this one. is INXS <3

Cameleon Lethecus wrote:

In the future, there will be "Free" services made available to residents of Second Life, but it will come at a cost of your information. I know the people working on these services have read this post, and have seen the feedback I have gotten. I hope they take it into account, when devloping these services, that privacy is a very cherished thing and that the method in which they design these services should include a helathy balance between data collection and conservation. 

They aren't free services then if I have to give up any of my privacy.   There is nothing you could offer me to get me to tell you anything about my RL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.