How does one really obtain PIOF?

Occidite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently went to apply for a linden home. I thought all was well but when I tried to continue, a page revealed to me that at least 1 of 3 things was the case. These included; My account is out of date (I have no idea what that means), my payment imformation is out of date, or it isn't on file at all. I always just thought that the "payment information on file" thing was just when your payment method was saved to the site for future purchase. But I stood corrected when my friend, who had never used a payment method of any kind to optain lindens, had PIOF.

A friend of mine told me that it could be because I have another account registered to the same email. So I went ahead and swapped the email out. Dashboard>Account>Contact information. I wouldn't consider myself to be an alt of my old account at all. I kind of abandoned it really...

I also heard that you may need to make purchases to get PIOF. So I bought something for 1L. Is there a certain amount I need to spend? That would give me a good excuse to go dollarbie shopping. :P

Has anything like this ever happened to you? Is there a solution? 

Make a purchase on the MP and you will have payment info on file automatically.  It doesn't even have to be a $1l purchase.  I created an alt some time back for testing purposes and she made a $0L purchase and got the "you now have payment info on file" message from the "cashier" when checking out on the MP.

They *may have made it so you need to make a $1l or more purchase, but as of about maybe 7 months ago or so, you did not. Either way.. a small purchase on MP will register your account as PIOF :)

Tari Landar wrote:

Make a purchase on the MP and you will have payment info on file automatically.  It doesn't even have to be a $1l purchase.  I created an alt some time back for testing purposes and she made a $0L purchase and got the "you now have payment info on file" message from the "cashier" when checking out on the MP.

They *may have made it so you need to make a $1l or more purchase, but as of about maybe 7 months ago or so, you did not. Either way.. a small purchase on MP will register your account as PIOF
:)

That is no longer the case. You really do have to purchase linden through the lindex to get PIOF nowadays.

You say you went to apply for a Linden Home, you need to have a Premium account to get a Linden Home, and to be a Premium account you had to have paid Linden Lab, and that should have given you the PIOF, I would think. I could be wrong but I don't see how you can pay Linden Lab and then not have PIOF.

from the KB

Getting Payment Information on File

Landowners may also restrict access to their land to those with payment information on file with Linden Lab. If you have purchased Linden dollars (L$) or bought something on the Marketplace, you already have payment information on file.  

If you do not currently have payment information on file, or if you are unsure:

1. Log in to your Account page on the Second Life website.
  2. Select Billing Information under the Account section on the left side of the page.
  3. Select Add Credit Card or Add PayPal.
  4. Enter either a credit card number or a verified PayPal account.

Setting up a payment relationship with Linden Lab does not constitute a purchase; you will not be charged for placing your information on file with us.

32px-KBnote.png Note: Linden Lab only accepts PayPal payments through Verified PayPal accounts. Please check your PayPal Account Overview page or review the PayPal support documentation to ensure your account is a Verified PayPal account.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.