How do i change the texture of my boat and keep it that way ??

Splatulated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

with out it falling apart on me

so i tried changing the texture

then slecting both halfs and taking a copy into my inventory

i then rezzed a copy of the copy 

and started sailing

and got this 

i8aLaQj.png

i dont think this is supposed to be how it works ...

also please dont suggest i link them because apparently i get this 

CYzSWL8.png

Sassy Romano wrote:

Yet again, this refers to information in another thread but had no link to it.

It would have been better to continue the same thread about the same issue.

You didn't select all the parts when taking it to inventory or don't have room to rez it.

plenty of room and i dont know where that topic went was like 3 weeks ago i made it probably considered thread necromancy by now 

and i did select all parts of it nothing was left behind 

Sassy Romano wrote:

That's why there's a search feature, even Google could find it. It's far easier for people to follow one problem than a new thread for each question about the same overall issue.

Click on your name in the forum badge, you'll find all your own posts/threads.

so am i supposed to repost this entire thread there ??

Splatulated wrote:

with out it falling apart on me

so i tried changing the texture

then slecting both halfs and taking a copy into my inventory

i then rezzed a copy of the copy 

and started sailing

and got this 

i8aLaQj.png

i dont think this is supposed to be how it works ...

also please dont suggest i link them because apparently i get this 

CYzSWL8.png

I suspect that ship is built how some complicated older vehicles were where you only rezz the simple hull-shaped object and "wear" the more complicated part with the rigging, cannons and your name board. This was to get around the prim limits for physical vehicles. Wearing the rigging, etc is only necessary if you're actually sailing it.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

I suspect that ship is built how some complicated older vehicles were where you only rezz the simple hull-shaped object and "wear" the more complicated part with the rigging, cannons and your name board. This was to get around the prim limits for physical vehicles. Wearing the rigging, etc is only necessary if you're actually sailing it.

Yes, it appears to be like that. Description from the Marketplace:

"Sails set is automatically worn when boarding the ship."

So, Splatulated; Attention:

You need to rez only the lower part of the ship. Put the texture on it. Take the lower part of the ship back to inventory. New copy is created into your inventory. Rez this new copy on water. Your texture should be there ok now. Next, board the ship and the sails set is automatically worn on your avatar. All is good as intended. Go sailing.

:matte-motes-big-grin:

Coby Foden wrote:

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Yes, it appears to be like that. Description from the
:

"
Sails set is automatically
worn
when boarding the ship.
"

So, Splatulated; Attention:

You need to rez only the lower part of the ship. Put the texture on it. Take the lower part of the ship back to inventory. New copy is created into your inventory. Rez this new copy on water. Your texture should be there ok now. Next, board the ship and the sails set is automatically worn on your avatar. All is good as intended. Go sailing.

:matte-motes-big-grin:

i think the texture is attached to the sail half of the ship lower part only has wood textures and nothing else at all not even cannosn or stairs or doors 

Splatulated wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

It is possible that the boat is scripted to return to the original texture each time it is rezzed. You can ask the creator if this is the case.

they seem to be busy in RL or forgotten about SL no answers to notes or ims 

Sometimes creators do not respond to support requests that ignore preferred contact means, or which do not contain enough detailed information, or which are too garbled to understand, or which say "Hi r u on?".  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.