How do I protect myself?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since I have been a member of sl I have seen several friends get perm ban from sl 

not sure why?

wrong place at wrong time?

I role play a kid although I am an adult in my real life and i want to know just what do I need to do to protect myself? so I do not get in trouble.

Also someone told me just having adult items in your inventory can be a cause for a ban.

Is this True? 

Your friends got banned because they violated the TOS.  It could have been any provision, not necessarily age play that got them banned.  To keep from getting banned, just don't break the TOS.  Being a child avi is not a violation.  It is only an issue if you engage in or are near sexual situations while a child avi.  For specific details read this:Linden_Lab_Official:Clarification_of_policy_disallowing_ageplay

And no, having adult stuff in your inventory is fine.  Just don't use it while you are in a child avatar.  If you want to play with it, change into an adult avi.

Good advice above, plus this:

Avoid sims that are pick up places for adult/child avvys. If you are unsure, check the keywords used in the land description. If any combination of these words would make you hesitant to send a rl child into that environment, then don't go as a virtual child. If any two words combined feel creepy, there will be creepers.

Also check the surrounding children's profiles. If they are mainly full of sex groups, then you may be in the wrong place with the wrong company for you.

Editing this to add that my advice is to avoid situations that will have you looking guilty by association. Children in SL can be wonderful (or annoying, hah!), but you need to keep them very very separate from adult activities.

Jill Rainfall wrote:

I now have one question 

Why is it that some replies here have been removed as well as my replies to the replies that have been removed? 

Inappropriate replies that skirt the guidelines of the TOS can be removed by the forum moderators. This causes subordinate replies quoting them to also be removed in many cases.

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Jill Rainfall wrote:

I now have one question 

Why is it that some replies here have been removed as well as my replies to the replies that have been removed? 

Inappropriate replies that skirt the guidelines of the TOS can be removed by the forum moderators. This causes subordinate replies quoting them to also be removed in many cases.

Even some appropriate replies skirt the guidelines!

;-).

dresscode1.jpg

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Jill Rainfall wrote:

I now have one question 

Even some appropriate replies skirt the guidelines!

;-).

Can't be more than six inches above the knees.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.