How can I deinstall Nirans Viewer?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have installed this viewer a few weeks ago but Phoenix viewer is still working better and so I wanted to deinstall Nirans Viewer again but I cannot find it in my software folder...I am very confused now, can someone tell me what I have to do now to find it?

That would be great.Thank you.

I have XP on my computer.

You can use the 'uninstall' feature included with most viewers. I do NOT recommend doing that. The unstall part of programs seems to be the least well tested.

The Clean Install steps do show how to manually remove a viewer. That is by far the safest choice. 

I wrote this Clean Install for people running multiple viewers. Phoenix and SL instructions for a clean install are written as if you were only using one viewer. So, you'll learn about some of the other problems of running multiple viewers from this one.

Tamara got it absolutely right. Niran's viewer does not install like other viewers so it cannot be uninstalled from either the Start menu > All Programs or the Control Panel as it's not in either. It's a simple right click > delete on the Nirans Viewer folder usually found in C > Program Files(x86) then remove the folders in AppData as she mentioned.

This is why Niran won't use an installer in his own words:

the Viewer isnt installed , so it cannot be uninstalled , it can simply be deleted manually , and doesnt require any cleanup in registry , no hidden registry entrys , no Windows bloat nothing , just plain folders , the contra about that is you have to know where the settings and caches are located to delete them aswell as the viewer folder itself

but i said that a lot of times , i wont change to an installer , its lots of work to get it to run and install everything correctly , it bloats your windows with registry entries it doesnt need and its not transparent , people demanded a transparent installer , WinRar archieves are transparent , nearly everyone can open them and if necessary check every file if theres something hidden in it before even installing it

• 7 months later...

OK YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE DISK C: -PROGRAM FILES-NIRANS VIEWER-UNIINSTAL.BAT- A BLACK SCREEN WILL OPEN, BUT IS PREFERABLE IF YOU CLOSE EVERYOTHER WINDOW THAT HAS THE PROGRAM OPENED LIKE THE "COMPUTER" ONE. THE BLACK SCREEN WILL ASK YOU IF YOU SURE LIKE 5 TIMES  ANSWER WITH A "Y" AND PRESS ENTER EVERY TIME IT ASKES YOU, IT WILL UNINSTALL.

Your message will only confuse people. Firstly Niran's viewer installs to Program Files (x86) not Program Files (which is the 64-bit application folder) and secondly there is no uninstall.bat file in the viewer folder.

Please read what Tamara and I said above in this thread and the quote from NIran. The viewer is removed manually by deleting the relevant folders.

Nyll Bergbahn wrote:

Your message will only confuse people. Firstly Niran's viewer installs to Program Files (x86) not Program Files (which is the 64-bit application folder) and secondly there is no uninstall.bat file in the viewer folder.

Not nit-picking at all here, but if you only have a 32-bit operating system then Program Files is the correct folder (Windows XP, Vista and 7 all have 32-bit installs). Only 64-bit operating systems have Program Files (x86).

I agree with you though, that listing things in this way is confusing. Better to right-click any shortcut (desktop or start menu), select Properties, and then search out the 'Target' field on the Properties window to find the specific installation folder on your PC. It is not easy to guide people around their own computers remotely; best they learn how to do it for themselves.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.