Help me please: I have a very serious problem and I'm panicking.

jwjaii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a very serious problem and I'm panicking. I just bought a product that costs L $ 1900. I thought that amount would be about 10 euros. I can not pay $ 1,900 for it. What do I do to cancel the payment? Please I need urgent help

I paid directly by credit card

I bought this product

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SAMURAI-HQ-Jamison-Skins-and-MOD-Shape-Bundle/4916110

original.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L$1900 is a little over $7.00 US.

$7.00 US is equivilent to 5.00-6.00EUR (depending on exact conversions).

I don't know why you think it would be $1900.00 US, but you cannot cancel an order filled in L$ (Second Life operates under Buyer Beware). Cancelling a US Dollar ($) purchase order for Linden Dollars is possible (depending on payment method) but may lead to sanctions against your account.

Also note that those products contain Photoshopped imagery - you won't end up looking like that.

I don't understand your concern enough to help further, but you can either update your question or select Permalink (below) to clarify.

What kind of freaky thing is that?

When I purchase something on the marketplace it doesn't look like that.

Oh, and the MP says its 1900L$ not US $ and thats the only thing that matters. By the way: I would never buy something that has an advertisement that came completely out of photoshop anyway. :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Yeah, that's not http://marketplace.secondlife.com - the official provider of Second Life content via web.

Don't know what service you're using, or why it says "$" and not "L$". Maybe it's that Caspervend system, in which case you'd have to deal with the creator. Looks like a dumb mistake on their end, since no-one would charge $1900,00 US for this product.

Post a URI to the product, please.

jordanit0 wrote:

I just checked mine to see what it says in the receipt if it shows $ instead of L$, it just shows $ i think this is just a typo but ill bring it up in the capertech group. 

Likely. :)

My assumption is that jwjaii purchased in-world, and this is some online-generated receipt by-product of that purchase.

In which case jwjaii knows exactly how many L$ this cost, and it couldn't possibly have cost anything in US Dollars since the transaction is complete.

I spoke to casper in the caspertech group and he said " It shows $ because the system supports different grids,
sometimes the currency is not in L$". 

So its not a typo just how the system works.  So just remember most things you buy in SL will be charged in L$ and you cant buy anything from a vendor if you dont have the funds in your account.  You may get a prompt from the viewer to buy more L$ but it should tell you the price in your currency.

I asked to cancel my purchase. Will it take? And if I make a new purchase of the same product, I'm not likely to stay with two products the same ? Do not like to wait and I'm eager to try my new avatar...  And I do not really know what I am buying. Does it include the full avatar or just the head ?

jwjaii wrote:

And I do not really know what I am buying. Does it include the full avatar or just the head ?

This is the problem, because what it looks like you're buying is different to what you will get.

You get:-

• Some skins with options for beards (that may not look like the image) and bodyhair. My assumption is that the skin tones are just contrast-shifted, and are not useful.
  • The 'shape', which will not look like the image. It will - at least - have different ears. The face and neck will almost certainly look different.
  • The arms, legs, torso and back are all generic style = "male model"

You will not get the hair or eyes. Or any clothes.

Any of the above information may be wrong. As I've said before, what you will get will definitely vary from what you see.

It's a pot luck as to how different. Other products typically have more useful images.

jwjaii wrote:

I asked to cancel my purchase. Will it take? And if I make a new purchase of the same product, I'm not likely to stay with two products the same ? Do not like to wait and I'm eager to try my new avatar...  And I do not really know what I am buying. Does it include the full avatar or just the head ?

...and thats why you should always read before you buy.

I'm going to take the information from the marketplace add:

First of all: Be aware that this advertisement pictures is heavily photoshoped, its not showing an actual avatar but some morphed stuff, most likely a stolen model picture with parts of an SL avatar morphed on it. No way to recreate that image on an avatar in SL ever.

And thats what you just purchased:

3 Skin Tones

9 Beard Styles

Clean shaven

2 Body hair styles

Arm hair option

Hair leg option

Hair base option.

So you brought a skin with multiple hair options. Not more, not less. No clothes, no shape, no eyes, no hair. Since you are new and may not expect that: usually people don't buy complete avatars, but parts of them. There are more stores specialized on one aspects (for example stores just for hair) instead of stores who sell complete sets.

jwjaii wrote:

Buy the demo version. It's completely free, it'll give you an idea of what you're buying, and it'll give you something to do while you wait for the other purchase to be sorted out. I'd further suggest you buy many more free demos of other skins and shapes before making a big purchase. Not only will it let you see what else is available, but it'll give you more experience of the various and sometimes baffling sales and delivery methods used in SL. That way you'll know better what to expect and less inclined to panic when things don't go as you expect.

As for cancelling... I'm not aware of any way to do this that isn't at the whim of the vendor. Many will not offer refunds on copiable products but are happy to re-deliver them.

jwjaii wrote:

I am very disappointed. That does not seem right. I wanted an avatar like the demo. And then be able to make some changes. So I do not even know if it is worth buying...

Thanks

It says it comes with a modifiable shape also.

just wear the shape and one of the skins that you like best  that come in the pack and you should have the avatar..

even though i wouldn't expect it to look like that picture in the add..

..:: SAMURAI HQ::.. Jamison Skins and MOD Shape Bundle

The skins and the shape has been made based on Male Model.

3 Skin Tones

9 Beard Styles

Clean shaven

2 Body hair styles

Arm hair option

Hair leg option

Hair base option.

Mod Shape.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.