Gun fight tactics?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Depends on a lot of factors. Are you in a sim using Linden damage or a metered sim (CCS, DCS, UCE, XRP, etc.). The tactics are different between them If in a metered sim you're going to be using meter skills as well as the guns. I would suggest you practice moving around in mouselook so you get used to that. practice running backwards or set your viewer so you don't turn around when you run so it looks like you're running backwards.

It also depends on the gun. Are you using a freebie gun or something from Brutal/Breach/Chaos/Havok's Bane/etc. Again, it makes a difference because of the difference in performance. Some guns are designed to work in general, some with specfic meters, DCS or UCE weapons, for instance.

In my experience on the old Teen Grid, the most effective and most widely used tactic is the ban wall / no access list. If someone forgot to put up the ban wall, then usually somebody pulls out a railgun and spams the sim with megaprims.

On a slightly more serious note, although I was never involved with combat myself, I picked up what I call "Prim Jumping". Essentially if you run towards a prim that is about .5 m tall and jump just as you hit, it can launch you much higher into the air than a normal jump. Just plop down a plywood cube in a sandbox and practice!

SweetheartLara wrote:

What tactics have you learnt during your play of Second Life have helped you win gun fights?

Enter the sim with a few other people with shotguns and just blast blast blast

You want a state of chaos with residents orbiting everywhere and too disorientated to AR

Be totally ruthless, even if the victim's a child AV

Turn off voice and chat, you don't want to waste time getting IM'd while you could be shooting

GTFO before some fed with an attack HUD TPs in

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.