Group & Friend Permissions questions

Red52

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi - I'm not sure if this is the correct place for these questions, so please let me know if I should post this elsewhere.

I have a paid membership, and as a result, have a 512 sq. m. plot with a home on it that I really do not use.  I also rent a larger parcel, where I am in the process of building & modifing a home.

How can I give a friend the right to rez and/ or modify items on my smaller plot, but not give someone the right to modify objects on my larger parcel?  Is that possible?

Also - if a friend has rights to rez/ modify items on any parcel I might rent/ own, can that friend 'take' any of my rezzed items into their own inventory to keep as their own?

Thank you!

Red52

If you create a group and let your friend be a member, you can set only the small land to that group in "about land".

You can give your friend rights to rez and set home there, and more abilities if you want.

Do not set the other land to same group - then your friend can only rez and do things on one of the lands.

No one can take your stuff, and put it in their inventory. They can return your things to your inventory, but only if you give them the rights to do that, in the group-role.

Hi Muletta - thanks for your reply and info.  Let me see if I can be a bit more clear on what I am trying to figure out:

1.  Having a premium membership, I have a small home on a 512 sq.m. plot of land.  I have not deeded this plot of land to a group.  Is it possible to do that?  (I do have a group that I created a while ago for rental elsewhere.)  Is there any way  to give a friend rezzing rights on this plot of land without deeding this plot to a group?

2. I have a larger rental parcel that is deeded to a group.  In order for me to have friends access this larger parcel, I have to make them a member of my group.  I am trying to now figure out how to set up rights for group members.  I did figure out and list all rights for myself as owner, but don't want to give every member the same set of rights.  Does that make sense?

Thank you!

Red52

You create roles in the group and assign each role the powers you want it to have  Then invite your friends to join the group under their assigned role.

Read this for details http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Creating-managing-moderating-and-disbanding-groups/ta-p/700111

You only need to have friends in your land group if you plan to restrict access to group only.  Land can be owned by a group and still allow anyone on it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.