Getting money for an avatar.

Nendolt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

At the top right of the screen is a button that says 'Buy L$' or something like that.

Click it.

I know you said 'making money inworld' but those tactics will have you spending weeks or months to make what in real life money is basically $8... (2000 linden dollars).

Consider the investment, the time... and just click that button.

For your initial outlay to build a nice avatar, its worth it.

Camping, dance contests, going AFK on a dance pole and letting a scripted chat bot take over for you for 12 hours at a time... you pay more for the electric bill to keep your computer plugged in than you will earn inworld.

The only 'inworld sources' that make enough to be worth it are related to making original content for sale: mesh templates, clothing, buildings, furry avatars, etc... - things that take many months to learn how to do, IF you can ever master them... So they're not worth it for an avatar makeover.

Pussycat pointed out the Buy L$.  Frankly, that's the quickest, easiest, and most financially sensible way to get L$ in-world.

If, for some reason, you don't want to go that route, you can try the camping and whatnot that Pussycat mentioned, but I believe that will be rather time consuming.

Pussycat also mentioned building up a skill.  Again that would be time consuming and not worth it for one thing, but, at least you could parlay that skill into making more money.

There's also a group in-world called Job World.  I've never taken a job through there, but maybe it's something to look into.

The easiest way to get money for an unskilled avi other than the pittance of camping etc is to find a host job in the big clubs if you do your job well will prob get a few hundred per shift depending on tips ..ive seen hosts get over 1k per shift but remmeber its all tip based  - try out such places like GOL, beachwood, energy

I've made good money in SL by doing scrpting.

BUT if your aim is to make money instead of having fun, SL becomes a chore you would be better off distributing newspaers in RL and buying L$ with the proceeds.

Some years ago I calculated the US$ income I was making per hour of scripting time and figured I was earning less than 10 cents per hour.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.