Gaming Skills Region Problem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

skill places.JPG

skill game.JPG

skill chat.JPG

Phil Deakins wrote:

If anyone would like to try it to see what happens, the SLurl is

I have tried now also.

Using Firestorm, these are the screen shots of  what I get.

But that is expected behaviour for me.

I live in a prohibited State.

ETA:  Tried with the Official Viewer also with the same result.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That identical to what I, and I believe Stormie, got (except that I didn't look at the sim's profile), and we don't live in a prohibited state. We both live in the UK and have PIOF (though mine mist have expired).

We still haven't discovered anything common about those who can't get in the sim. Perhaps it really is to do with not having entered payment info relatively recently.

Phil Deakins wrote:

We still haven't discovered anything common about those who can't get in the sim. Perhaps it really is to do with not having entered payment info relatively recently.

My main account's payment info was made many years ago - not updated since then. My alt account's payment info was made yesterday. Both can enter skilled gaming regions. So I guess it's not dependent of when the payment info was made.

[Edit]

I noticed that Whirly Fizzle has made a bug report:

Provide clearer reasons for entry refusal to avatars who cannot access skill gaming regions

Phil Deakins wrote:

That identical to what I, and I believe Stormie, got (except that I didn't look at the sim's profile), and we don't live in a prohibited state. We both live in the UK and have PIOF (though mine mist have expired).

I posted in part because the "unknown content" message was mentioned but not the failed TP message which does state the reason.

I'd be curious if someone who can access Skill Regions sees something in the Place Profile.

Perrie Juran wrote:

I'd be curious if someone who can access Skill Regions sees something in the Place Profile.

I went here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fish%20Bowl/220/128/22 (link given by Phil).

I see nothing special in the place profile.

In the Access tab nothing else is checked, except the "Allow public access".

Covenant tab says:

Region: Fish Bowl

Type: Estate / Full Region / Skill Gaming

Rating: Moderate

PS.

I spotted Morgan Linden in that region. Wearing a bird avatar. :matte-motes-big-grin:

Coby Foden wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

My main account's payment info was made many years ago - not updated since then. My alt account's payment info was made yesterday. Both can enter skilled gaming regions. So I guess it's not dependent of when the payment info was made.

[Edit]

I noticed that
Whirly Fizzle
has made a bug report:

The problem appears to be accounts that dont' have a real-world address on file as a location. If you added payment information recently (within the last couple of years) your billing address was automatically recorded in SL but the earlier system of adding payment info didn't record your address. I have some alts that can access skill game regions and some that can't due to this. There's an option for adding your address manually as well but Whirly's alt seemed to still have problems.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

PS.

I spotted
Morgan Linden
in that region. Wearing a bird avatar. :matte-motes-big-grin:

Did you ask her for a Bear?

Umm.. no. Morgan was there just for a brief moment. I didn't have a change to utter anything before the bird vanished. :smileysad:

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

The problem appears to be accounts that dont' have a real-world address on file as a location. If you added payment information recently (within the last couple of years) your billing address was automatically recorded in SL but the earlier system of adding payment info didn't record your address. I have some alts that can access skill game regions and some that can't due to this. There's an option for adding your address manually as well but Whirly's alt seemed to still have problems.

It's not that. LL has my RL address. I just checked and it shows up in my account. I entered it so long ago that I don't remember when. So the problem isn't due to the absense of an RL address.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

It's not that. LL has my RL address. I just checked and it shows up in my account. I entered it so long ago that I don't remember when. So the problem isn't due to the absense of an RL address.

Right. It cannot be problem about the address. It's not UK problem either. Whirly Fizzle told what happpens with her accounts (she's in the UK).

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-7097

All required details are filled for both of her accounts. Her main account can go to skill gaming regions, her alt account cannot go there.

Today I tried an alt that hasn't bought lindens since 2008 and got in fine with no issues.   Stormie, with the exact same settings, bought lindens yesterday and still cannot get in.   So I think its just pot luck, random...it either lets you in, or it doesn't.

I finally got in, but don'ttttt go out there..its bedlam :smileyvery-happy:

• 1 month later...

econd Life: The region you're trying to visit contains unknown content, but your current preferences are set to exclude unknown content. i keep getting this im in the states where i can go into any game sims nuttin ...i have payment and all on there and i have no idea where this is so please i need ur help thank u

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.