Gaming Economics...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Judging by its other posts, and by its inworld profile, the post above mine looks like an auto-post. It actually attempts to make some sort of marginal sense in the threads where it's posted, so it may not be for the same purpose as the usual ones that we get here. It may be an improvement over the usual auto-posts, possibly changing its posts later, like the others do, or it may be someone's experiment. Either way, its very unwelcome, imo.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Judging by its other posts, and by its inworld profile, the post above mine looks like an auto-post. It actually attempts to make some sort of marginal sense in the threads where it's posted, so it may not be for the same purpose as the usual ones that we get here. It may be an improvement over the usual auto-posts, possibly changing its posts later, like the others do, or it may be someone's experiment. Either way, its very unwelcome, imo.

What do you mean, Phil? I'm lost.;-)

The username that begins with Convergent isn't a person writing posts. It's a programme doing it, and it wrote posts in several threads at the time it wrote the reply to your post. In one or two of them, it wrote slightly on-topic - made reference to the post it was replying to.

The programme could be run by someone who is experimenting for whatever reason, or it could be an advanced version of what we here call bot posts (they aren't "bot" posts - they are auto-posts). Either way, the posts may be altered in a while to something completely different, which includes links to the website(s) that the person is pormoting. It doesn't matter that people won't read the changed posts because it's the links that matter. They help to improve rankings in the major search engines.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.