Friend is storing money on my alt for tier payments.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If it were YOUR alt and SL knows it is "you" (they do) then no problems. But someone else transferring money to you is yes, red flag territory. I know someone who lost his account for a couple of weeks and had a hell of a time getting it back. And he is a long time high profile user.

So I suggest you do not let her transfer or if she does send it right back. 

Jingle jangle warning bells here for several reasons.

Depending how large these amounts are will definitely trigger off something at LL HQ - just in case of money laundering. I have known of people transferring large amounts between their own accounts being questions, and having their accounts put on hold.

Another jingle jangle warning bell is that does your friend even really know you well enough to be trusting you with large amounts of their spare cash? 

Its not something even a bank manager would advise nearest and dearest to do (joint accounts in real world generally need two or more signatories before large amounts of cash can be withdrawn). 

Your own instinct has made you think and wonder whether this is a correct thing to do.  Follow that instinct.

KingVampilicious Rhapsody wrote:

It had to do something with for she doesn't spend all her L's like alot of people would do if they have access to them.

Are you kidding me?  Don't you realize that you're making yourself responsible for the safe keeping of someone else's money?  In other words, should something happen with their funds, you would be the one holding the bag.

And, not only that, you're also enabling your friend by facilitating her fiscal irresponsibility.  If I were you, I'd end this arrangement post haste... actually, I'd have never gotten into such a lopsided arrangement in the first place.

...Dres

Sassy Romano wrote:

Define large amount...

NB to moderators: this post is Community Standards compliant and should not be removed.

10k if not more at a time for a Full Sim tier that she splits with friends.

Everyone else, I own the account. She doesn't use it. I am only one who can log into it.

The safest way for her to protect her money from herself is for her to cash it in and turn it into USDollars which she can then keep in her US Dollar account.  When her tier is due it will come from this account first and only any remaining balance will be billed toward her payment information on file.

This also saves you from the possiblity of being responsible if anything happened to it under your care, but also the possiblity that LL would take a jaundice view of money being given to your alt frequently for no apparant reason an launch an investigation.

There is NO reason to store someone elses money. The Reason your friend names is pure nonsense.

However - I'd expect 2 things here: (thats my opinion, I don't know for sure of course)

If you ever try to cash out money you will raise a red flag.

If something is wrong with this money your account will be terminated and there is no reason to beleive that you are not a part of it.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Define large amount...

NB to moderators: this post is Community Standards compliant and should not be removed.

Everyone else, I own the account. She doesn't use it. I am only one who can log into it.

You own the account. You are the only one who can log into it.  Then it is your account, isn't it? 

"10k if not more at a time for a Full Sim tier that she splits with friends". So, let me get this straight - or not, as the case may be - your friend has one account that you own and you are the only one who can log into it? Or your friend has an alt account that only you can log into, although she created it? Just so she can put her money into it to pay you for what she wants to spend ona  sim that she shares with friends?

I feel like a kitten with a ball of wool at the moment; the more I try to unravel it, the more knotted up it becomes.

Your arrangement sounds foolish and risky.  Its either your money, and your account. Or its her money and her account. The two should not cross over. Ever. No one can be absolutely sure of someone else 100% (this is why bank managers recommend NEVER EVER sharing PIN information even with nearest and dearest/mother/sibling/partner/person they are married to. 

As has been said in Nova's post, you might find yourself suspended from LL if this arrangement goes awry.

Marigold Devin wrote:

Sassy Romano wrote:

Define large amount...

You
own the account.
You
are the only one who can log into it.  Then it is
your
account, isn't it? 

"10k if not more at a time for a Full Sim tier that she splits with friends". So, let me get this straight - or not, as the case may be - your friend has one account that you own and you are the only one who can log into it? Or your friend has an
alt
account that only you can log into, although she created it? Just so she can put her money into it to pay you for what she wants to spend ona  sim that she shares with friends?

I feel like a kitten with a ball of wool at the moment; the more I try to unravel it, the more knotted up it becomes.

Your arrangement sounds foolish and risky.  Its either your money, and your account. Or its her money and her account. The two should not cross over. Ever. No one can be absolutely sure of someone else 100% (this is why bank managers recommend NEVER EVER sharing PIN information even with nearest and dearest/mother/sibling/partner/person they are married to. 

As has been said in Nova's post, you might find yourself suspended from LL if this arrangement goes awry.

I don't think it's especially difficult to understand. OP has an alt account. OP also has a friend. Friend pays money to OP's alt*. The friend has no access to this account, which means the friend can't spend the money on frivolous things. When the friend wants money for her tier, she asks for it back. It's her money, but it's in his account. It's the equivalent of a kid giving her pocket money for her parents to hold onto so she doesn't spend it on sweets.

That's the reasoning. Whether it's sensible or within TOS is entirely another matter.

*it could just as well be his main account, but having it with his alt presumably reduces his temptation to spend it, too. 

If her desire is to put the $L's where they are out of sight/out of mind I'd tell her to make her own alt account to use as a bank and store them there.

LL must have some types of flags in their systems for fraud protection, etc.

Here is an example of someone who although they were not doing cash outs must have tripped one of the flags.

Even though everything may be above board no reason to not protect yourself from potential hassles.

Perrie Juran wrote:

If her desire is to put the $L's where they are out of sight/out of mind I'd tell her to make her own alt account to use as a bank and store them there.

LL must have some types of flags in their systems for fraud protection, etc.

of someone who although they were
not
doing cash outs must have tripped one of the flags.

Even though everything may be above board no reason to not protect yourself from potential hassles.

I thought it was pretty clear that I was explaining it, not justifying it.

Kelli May wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Sassy Romano wrote:

Define large amount...

You
own the account.
You
are the only one who can log into it.  Then it is
your
account, isn't it? 

"10k if not more at a time for a Full Sim tier that she splits with friends". So, let me get this straight - or not, as the case may be - your friend has one account that you own and you are the only one who can log into it? Or your friend has an
alt
account that only you can log into, although she created it? Just so she can put her money into it to pay you for what she wants to spend ona  sim that she shares with friends?

I don't think it's especially difficult to understand. OP has an alt account. OP also has a friend. Friend pays money to OP's alt*. The friend has no access to this account, which means the friend can't spend the money on frivolous things. When the friend wants money for her tier, she asks for it back. It's her money, but it's in his account. It's the equivalent of a kid giving her pocket money for her parents to hold onto so she doesn't spend it on sweets.

That's the reasoning. Whether it's sensible or within TOS is entirely another matter.

*it could just as well be his main account, but having it with his alt presumably reduces his temptation to spend it, too. 

T'would have been better if OP had clarified, rather than you giving your version of the clarification. I hope, however, the OP has had the situation clarified, can clearly see that the way things stand with their financial arrangements with their friend(s) alt(s) that it could just look a bit too much like dodgy dealing from where LL can see - hopefully from a little more of a clear viewpoint. If you see what I mean.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.