Fitted Mesh! (Does this mean I don't have to look like a Barbie Doll anymore?)

LaskyaClaren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Apparently, it's here!

How long before I can go shopping????

(Oh, and thank god I can now "Jiggle and Bounce." Keeping me up nights, that one was.)

This is going to be fun.  :)

I typed "fitted mesh" into the search field in the MP and under apparel it shows 13,355 items.

Really, I'm surprised that they got this done so fast.  Torley's video did look pretty good. 

I don't think that all of those 13,355 items can be fitted (liquid) mesh.   I have just looked and most of the items seem, if you look at the descriptions, to be in standard sizes.

I intend to start by checking out Redgrave and Red Poly, both mentioned in the video, who first introduced liquid mesh about 18 months ago.   

Perrie Juran wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Apparently, it's here!

How long before I can go shopping????

(Oh, and thank god I can now "Jiggle and Bounce." Keeping me up nights, that one was.)

This is going to be fun. 
:)

I typed "fitted mesh" into the search field in the MP and under apparel it shows 13,355 items.

Really, I'm surprised that they got this done so fast.  Torley's video did look pretty good. 

That's impressive, Innula's caveat notwithstanding. I assumed it would be at least a week or two before the first items would be rolled out. But, obviously, LL was working in consultation with some existing designers.

Redgrave and Red Poly will be doing pretty well for themselves over the next few weeks, I imagine. :-)

Right, now search for "mesh shirt" and see what you get.  You'll get anything with "shirt"  and anything with "mesh".  Search is so utterly crap that it's next to meaningless.

Creators have had the tools to play with fitted mesh for ages, it's not a case of favouring some leading designers, that would be favouritism and LL never does that *coughs* (The Great BunnyGate Scandal).

Innula Zenovka wrote:

I don't think that all of those 13,355 items can be fitted (liquid) mesh.   I have just looked and most of the items seem, if you look at the descriptions, to be in standard sizes.

I intend to start by checking out Redgrave and Red Poly, both mentioned in the video, who first introduced liquid mesh about 18 months ago.   

Ok, so, technically speaking . . . what's the relation of fitted (i.e., "liquid") mesh, to "rigged" mesh? 

Is the latter irrelevant to this new roll-out?

Help a poor benighted Luddite understand what to look for . . . 

:-)

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Yes, I know, I did look also.

I just got a bit of a kick out of that result.

What I'd like to see though I don't know if it can be done is a firm rule set in place for using the term "fitted mesh" in an items description.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this all actually looks In World.

I'm also wondering how many creators will go and redo creations to be 'fitted' so they can get rid of all those multiple sizes.

bunny gate.jpg

Sassy Romano wrote:

Right, now search for "mesh shirt" and see what you get.  You'll get anything with "shirt"  and anything with "mesh".  Search is so utterly crap that it's next to meaningless.

Creators have had the tools to play with fitted mesh for ages, it's not a case of favouring some leading designers, that would be favouritism and LL never does that *coughs* (The Great BunnyGate Scandal).

BunnyGate?????

Sassy Romano wrote:

the search really is filtering it down to items that have both mesh and shirt in them, but it is useless because of unchecked keyword spamming. the results are slightly better with "mesh shirt" in quotes, that only pulls in the keyword spam with that phrase instead of the words in any order.

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Ok, so, technically speaking . . . what's the relation of fitted (i.e., "liquid") mesh, to "rigged" mesh? 

If no one answers my question, I am going to first hold my breath until I have to put on a blue-tinted skin. And then I'm going to take it to the competition over at SLU instead.

And then you'll all be sorry. You just wait and see.

LaskyaClaren wrote:

it's the same thing. liquid mesh is an older unofficial version, without the jiggle and not using the newly added collision bones. the old liquid mesh clothes will keep working the same as before, but they won't take advantage of the new volumes until their makers rework them.

"plain old" rigged mesh moves with the body and a few shape sliders, and doesn't try to include the shape's muscle and fat like liquid/fitted mesh.

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

it's the same thing. liquid mesh is an older unofficial version, without the jiggle and not using the
. the old liquid mesh clothes will keep working the same as before, but they won't take advantage of the new volumes until their makers rework them.

"plain old" rigged mesh moves with the body and a few shape sliders, and doesn't try to include the shape's muscle and fat like liquid/fitted mesh.

THANK YOU!!!! :-)

So what this means, in essence, is that nothing I currently own (whether "rigged" or not) will do this new magical bones-fitting, shape-hugging thing. It will still "work," but only in the way that it did before.

Poop.

Just about any mesh item you wear is "rigged," so it follows your body as you move.    "Liquid" or "fitted" mesh is, to oversimplify horribly, rigged in such a way that it deforms to the shape of your avatar, so one size pretty much fits all human avatars (though I'm told we'll still need to wear alpha layers), and we won't have to use standard sizes any more.

As I understand it, existing mesh clothes won't be affected one way or the other.   I can still wear my existing Standard Size outfits, which will fit no better and no worse than before.   But I can now wear liquid mesh items that will fit me whatever size and shape I am, same as system layer clothes do.   

I don't really know much about liquid mesh, but I did have a play with some of Red Poly's items when first she introduced them, and was most impressed with how well they fit.   I could see those items deforming to my shape as I played with the sliders, simply using whatever viewer I was using at the time (probably Catznip or Firestorm).   I'm not sure what these liquid mesh items will look like to people using viewers that don't support liquid mesh, but I'm planning to find out.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Just about any mesh item you wear is "rigged," so it follows your body as you move.    "Liquid" or "fitted" mesh is, to oversimplify horribly, rigged in such a way that it deforms to the shape of your avatar, so one size pretty much fits all human avatars (though I'm told we'll still need to wear alpha layers), and we won't have to use standard sizes any more.

As I understand it, existing mesh clothes won't be affected one way or the other.   I can still wear my existing Standard Size outfits, which will fit no better and no worse than before.   But I can now wear liquid mesh items that will fit me whatever size and shape I am, same as system layer clothes do.   

I don't really know much about liquid mesh, but I did have a play with some of Red Poly's items when first she introduced them, and was most impressed with how well they fit.   I could see those items deforming to my shape as I played with the sliders, simply using whatever viewer I was using at the time (probably Catznip or Firestorm).   I'm not sure what these liquid mesh items will look like to people using viewers that don't support liquid mesh, but I'm planning to find out.

Thanks Innula!

It's going to be complicated and confusing for non-techies like myself for a while unless merchants are very clear on what it is that they are offering. I can see an avalanche of complaints coming (probably here) from people who've bought what they assumed was fitted mesh, but which turns out not to be.

They do need to establish a clear nomenclature, or all hell will break loose, I fear.

aw, that's a good thing for some of us! it lets us mix and match fitted mesh clothes with "plain old rigged" body parts, and only the invisible LL body has to suffer from the distortions.

Well, for me it will probably mean multiple shapes (which I sort of have already, anyway). It'll be nice to be able to free up my sliders a bit for the new mesh stuff, but I'll obviously need to stick with a more standard body type for the clothing I already own.

I suppose I can handle that. :-)

aw, that's a good thing for some of us! it lets us mix and match fitted mesh clothes with "plain old rigged" body parts, and only the invisible LL body has to suffer from the distortions.

One thing I am looking forward to and hope is a very positive effect will be a reduced need for Alphas.

Probably one of the things I have disliked most about mesh has been see through waist lines and collars.

LaskyaClaren wrote:

It's going to be complicated and confusing for non-techies like myself for a while unless merchants 
are
very clear on what it is that they are offering. I can see an avalanche of complaints coming (probably here) from people who've bought what they assumed was fitted mesh, but which turns out not to be.

They 
do
need to establish a clear nomenclature, or all hell will break loose, I fear.

It sure is going to be complicated and not just for non-techies like yourself.  The term "fitted mesh" is far too generically descriptive to be able to sort out in a search.  If LL were smart, they'd come up with an official, specific, non-descriptive term to use for it, much like what was done by the person who came up with the term "liquid mesh".  Hell, since LL has claimed unlimited license to use their customer's creations as they choose, they could just usurp the term "liquid mesh" and use that.

Of course, considering that fact that they weren't smart enough to even imagine that this might be something their customers would want until years after they implemented rigged mesh, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

...Dres

this is a legitimale question, if you are naked then add giant c0...ck.... than add jeans,will the new mesh wrap itself around your stuff ??? like will blue jeans look like you are walking around with a jeans blue c0n ...dom ???   im not being silly guys this is a real question ! 557977_457797387629275_651232577_n.jpg

Nope.   Mesh only knows about your avatar's shape, not what attachments you are wearing.

The only way to achieve the effect you seek, I think, would be to make a mesh bulge to wear in the right place, and then let people texture it to match their jeans.   Exactly the same idea as Lola's tangos, in fact  (you could call this product  "twangos" to differentiate it).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.