First person issue o_O

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

okay i'm having a issue with my first person view.. i'm trying to test out my weapons but second life is acting like im rapidly moving in and out of first person view even tho i'm not its hard to explane..but i know this shouldent happen i have tested my FPV with multaple weapons i found the issue on my revolver that has a auto-draw option..which began to rapidly draw and holster over and over any Idea on what i can do?

For starters, when posting about any problem you're having with Second Life, you should post the name and version number of your viewer. Second Life constantly updates, and Third Party Viewers often vary widely.

You can find all relevent information in Help > About of the viewer. Copy and paste into a reply to this thread.

Thanks.

Next question, what human-interface devices do you have connected to the PC? This includes mice, keyboards, joysticks, games controllers, drawing surfaces (Wacom's etc), any kind of input device that could be used for control of your avatar or viewer.

Does this problem go away if any of these are disconnected while you're in First Person?

Niall Braveheart wrote:

Is the region you are testing on running the Magnum RC

Good eye, Niall and Qie. :)

You can find out if you're on a Magnum RC by checking Help > About again. It will give the Second Life Server version number and associated information about the region that you're on. If in doubt, post this information to the thread where someone will check it for you.

i dont think it is because of that revolver because its doing it for all my weapons its looping the aiming animation then back to the non aiming animation like i'm fliping in and out of first person view and i dont know if the sim is or not..its strange because at my linden home i have no problems..but when i  go to other sims it dose the loop over and over when i'm in first person

I think Niall and Qie have the correct answer, then. The JIRA report is here: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-5763

Essentially, first person sensing via script (especially auto-draw) is affected severely - a fix is being tested, if you know how to get to the Beta grid then you could test this functionality on a patched server.

Try detaching all items, or running a character test. Are you able to stay in mouselook (first person) then?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.