Firestorm AO in viewer animations abscounded!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay logged on today and suddenly I see a third of my AO animations I installed in viewer have been replaced! Does anyone know why something like this occurred??  The animations I use are from Vista ( which I paid for!) These animations are copy only so one is able to move them from HUD into Firestorms viewer which is a great thing when trying to keep script count down now that all of SL is obsessed with scripts and lag. Now I will have to go back into HUD and replace those that have been replaced and as for ones I bought separately??? I had this happen once with a Dance pak the dances were suddenly replaced without even a word had to struggle to get those back now looks like will go through same thing. I am so tired of this DMCA crap. Has anyone else had this happen lately ? Okay rant is over...now back to fixing my AO in viewer. Thanks LL.

Wallace Wirefly wrote:

Okay logged on today and suddenly I see a third of my AO animations I installed in viewer have been replaced! Does anyone know why something like this occurred??  The animations I use are from Vista ( which I paid for!) These animations are copy only so one is able to move them from HUD into Firestorms viewer which is a great thing when trying to keep script count down now that all of SL is obsessed with scripts and lag. Now I will have to go back into HUD and replace those that have been replaced and as for ones I bought separately??? I had this happen once with a Dance pak the dances were suddenly replaced without even a word had to struggle to get those back now looks like will go through same thing. I am so tired of this DMCA crap. Has anyone else had this happen lately ? Okay rant is over...now back to fixing my AO in viewer. Thanks LL.

When you said 'replaced,' do you mean replaced with an "IP Placeholder?"

Or are you just meaning they were no longer in the FS A/O?

Wanting to be clear here.  Because those are two separate/different issues. 

A friend lost some of their Akeyo dance anims today. To fix it we went back to the store and used the redelivery terminal. I guess old copies got pulled and there are new ones replacing them.

Maybe Vista has done same thing. Try their in store redlivery terminal anyway (assuming they have one - I haven't anything from Vista I ever use (except their clothes - which are under different brand name anyway),

Looks like I have lost two dance animations, and no you can't get a redelivery of an IP replacement unless the IP ban has been lifted and the item put back in the system.

Last time this happened I lost half a dozen dances and the IP replacement was replaced with the dances in a couple days. Hopefully the same will happen this time. All are from major brand names.

I would tell you what most likely happened but if its anything like last time, that would cause this thread to be deleted.

Teagan Tobias wrote:

Looks like I have lost two dance animations, and no you can't get a redelivery of an IP replacement unless the IP ban has been lifted and the item put back in the system.

Last time this happened I lost half a dozen dances and the IP replacement was replaced with the dances in a couple days. Hopefully the same will happen this time. All are from major brand names.

I would tell you what most likely happened but if its anything like last time, that would cause this thread to be deleted.

You really think it would get the thread deleted (as long as you didn't name names)?

I know of two times that I think were both discussed here.

Once when the Creator filed on his own content by mistake and once when LL removed the wrong ones.

Unless you have something else in mind.....

Well, you have already said it so, yes, it was an error by the Lab. They removed a lot of animations, and a couple threads I was following were deleted when that was brought up. Maybe things have changed. But, because these are major brand name animations they will most likely be put back. Last time most of my animations came back in a day or so but some took longer as I recall.

Teagan Tobias wrote:

Well, you have already said it so, yes, it was an error by the Lab. They removed a lot of animations, and a couple threads I was following were deleted when that was brought up. Maybe things have changed. But, because these are major brand name animations they will most likely be put back. Last time most of my animations came back in a day or so but some took longer as I recall.

I don't remember the threads getting deleted....

We'll see what happens to this one now.

Vista Barnes has been responsive to these problems in the past so contacting him may not be a bad idea.

All the threads were not deleted, but it was my first experience with IP replacement and the thread I was following the closest was deleted. Could have been circumstances I was not aware of.

My animations are not Vista, but I have them back now with the redelivery, so... must have been in error again, who’s error, I don't know.

Thank you all for letting me know I am not going crazy. Yes this was a IP replacements issue....AGAIN! Luckily I had my original AO HUD from Vista that contained the animations I was using in my Firestorm AO. So I just had to Reload a new card as well as replace the IP ones and so far is working fine. I agree this blanket IP thing is as stupid as it gets. I blame both parties. LL and I assume Vista for calling out the replacement. As I have said before in SL the idea that DCMA works is a fallacy because as we know in the virtual world of Second LIfe(open source) it is impossible to lock down. I know people make money of of their work and this is good but they should know that eventually things get taken. To cause everyone to suffer because of a few bad apples just frustrates. As I would say the spice must flow so stop messing around and lets get on with the show :)

Sassy Romano wrote:

possibly and weloveyou-girl (and boy) is a free one that Sinewave gave away anyway so although they're entitled to IP rights, there's no loss of revenue and nothing to gain by DMCA'ing it anyway.  I know that's a whole different discussion but still.

As I recall the Sinewave DMCA they had "forgotten" they had originally given away a few of the dances full perm and included them in the list of other dances they filed against.  When the dust settled they made those available for free but no longer full perm.  So yeah, they DMCA'd their own dances. 

Maybe someone else can dig up the list of dances from the old DMCA's but this almost looks like someone accidentally pulled up an old memo and didn't check the date on it.

Wierdness

The sinewave ones, they had a release for the group which was full perm and then later it was avalable to everyone  i believe after that in their shop..I think the second release ones were the ones that were replaced..Those were full perm as well..

I still have mine which are full perm from the group..

Not sure what the difference was, because the names were the same as mine..

I never could figure it out..

Just know mine didn't get taken..

ETA: Ok,found the old thread in the archives..wow  was i B!tchy  in it lol

oh well ,good old days i guess hehehe

Archive thread : Animations no more

Teagan Tobias wrote:

It's possible to change the permissions on an animation and distribute it freely while keeping the original creator's name - it would be similar to "jailbreaking" a cellular phone. It may be that when this happens it references the same UUID so all the copies, both legit and jailbroken, have to be removed at once.

I am owner from Vista Animations, one of the brands affected.

I would like to let you know that Vista Animations hasn't received any DMCA against any of our content, and also we havent reported any animation via DMCA for months. All our content is 100% made by us at our studio.

As far as we know, seems that some animations mainly from some of our old aos has been replaced. But only if they are on the inventary, not from inside Ao HUDs (thanks god).

I will try to clarify this will LL, since the best solution could be turn back the replacements to the original animations. If i dont get a fast reply of LL I ll move to set a box with all the animations at the main shop for free.

It would help me a lot if affected people send me the list of animations affected and if posible AO names. Pls via notecard to vista barnes.

Sorry for problems and i will keep you inform.

Thanks fior your cooperation.

Same happened to me: animations gone from the Firestorm AO. These were bought--at the store--from Vista and Akeyo. I believe I still have most of the animations in original AOs. (I copied them over into Firestorm's built in AO.) But it looks like replacing them in the Firestorm AO would lead to their being "absconded" again.

Having the animations removed, when they were my legitimate property, is annoying. And now I get to reconstruct all the animation sets I was using, and hope the same thing doesn't happen again.

Zembel Braham wrote:

Same happened to me: animations gone from the Firestorm AO. These were bought--at the store--from Vista and Akeyo. I believe I still have most of the animations in original AOs. (I copied them over into Firestorm's built in AO.) But it looks like replacing them in the Firestorm AO would lead to their being "absconded" again.

Having the animations removed, when they were my legitimate property, is annoying. And now I get to reconstruct all the animation sets I was using, and hope the same thing doesn't happen again.

Not happen again, NO, NO, NO, its going to be an Annual Event. There will be hamburgers and hotdogs and home made ice-cream. We will have singers and bands and every one will dance the “IP Replacement” and sing around the camp fire.

It will be glorious.

Is hard to know ALL the ones effected since once the server pulls it replaces with IP Replacement ########. What I can say is I use the VISTA ANIMATIONS *HUD3.9d* DANGEROUS MAN V5 in my Firestorm AO. I have used most of theses for long time. I also purchased individual Animations form Vista and installed these. I would say about a third of the animations in this HUD were pulled. So if you keep records of what in DANGEROUS MAN V5 then you can ask LL WHY were these IP'd ! What I find hard to believe is that LL would just up and start pulling these without outside input. interestingly everything in the HUD is fine. BUT as we ALL know wearing a HUD for AO adds scripts! And as well we all know SL land owners are going crazy over script counts. SOOoo whats one to do..well for one take the PURCHASED animations from HUD and place in Firestorm viewer AO this reduces my script count by 16. May not sound like much but EVERY little bit helps reduce lag....according to certain people in SL. Replacing the animations for free will NOT help cause as soon as the asset server cycles it will IP the same animations again. Why ohh why this happens is beyond understanding. As i stated at first..I am getting really tired of this DMCA crap and all that it does to SL. Understand LL TOS ..read it. Anything that comes into this world belongs to this world. Its the way the system was written. If one does not like it..go play another game where you can only buy things..or quest for or whatever. Here in SL people create...and yes people steal.. fact of life. But don't punish others for lazy, though at times creative in ways they steal, people. Okay steps down off soap box.....thanks to all that contribute and may the force be with you ..hopefully not the dark side. ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.