F "Hot" Keys have lost their responsiveness

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I sail boats that use gestures mapped to F keys to raise, lower, and trim sails.  I don't use channel 0 and all the gestures have the correct channel number. The F keys have worked quite well until the past few days and it now takes anywhere from 1 to several (sometimes more) taps on a key to execute the desired gesture.  I have no idea where the problem lies:  in my keyboard, in my client, in the servers?  What allows the F key to function in a SL viewer (I use Phoenix because Viewer/Firestorm crash when I attempt to enter "contacts" to send an IM)?  Is it a memory issue? a graphics issue? a server?

I use WindowsXP and Phoenix as a rule but the problem also exists in Singularity and Imprudence.  I can't use the Viewer/Firestorm on my desktop because they crash when I try to send an IM (Firestorm tech staff were very good in working with me trying to resolve the problem)..

I have a laptop with Windows Vista and have used the Viewer for SL:  the same sluggishness exists on a different  computer/platform/viewer.

The clients on both computers are up to date.

I'm tempted to blame the server since it's a grid-wide issue and I haven't found any particular sim where the keys work better.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!  I'd also like to know if anybody else has experienced this sluggish response of the F keys.

Thanks!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.