Doubts about premium account

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone. I would like to pay for upgrade to premium but I have read about a lot of issues involved on it like they delete you or block your account that make me think twice. I just wondering if I pay for a quarter and the following day I cancel the subscription since they said if you cancel you will remain premium till the end of the cycle you have paid, would I stay more secure? Because I have notified that I do not want to renew they will not ban me if they have billing issues and I can reupgrade to premium just a few days before the cycle ends. If you can point me in the right direction let me know. Thanks in advance.

If you pay quarterly it will renew quarterly so if you cancel too late you will be premium for another quarter and have to pay it of course. What else? There is no membership on a daily basis.

If you do not pay - your avatar will be taken hostage .. .err .. will be blocked - until you pay. :)

Same procedure as for any RL service I know. You don't pay - service is taken away. Just - LL is faster than RL services.

That's the reason I dropped premium a while ago. Since I have no real credit card (don't need that, non american) I went aware that LL can drop that payment method every day. Things like that usually happen 1 day before the next payment and that would force me to quickly find a replacement. So I prefer to not pay anything to LL - much less stress for me.

I'm sorry, maybe I don't explain myseft correctly. I don't want a premium membership on a daily basis. I want to pay it quarterly. They say the following:

Note: When you cancel your account, it remains active until the end of your payment period. You may still log in and use Second Life during this time. For instance, if you buy a yearly Second Life membership and cancel it the next day, you are still be treated as a premium member for the next year!

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Premium-membership/ta-p/1054477

So, this way, I can control my billing cycle without thinking in an auto renew, meaning I won't be involved in billing issues to the end of the cycle because they will downgrade me to basic the last day of my cycle and I can renew at my own desire.

I have read about a lot of issues involved on it like they delete you or block your account that make me think twice

Are you thinking about giving LL any reasons to block your account? If you are, you shouldn't even be in SL. If you're not, then enjoy your premium membership, and I even recommend that you upgrade to an annual one.

/shrug.

I've had 3-5 premium accounts since 2009 (I shift them in an out between alts - right now I'm at 5 of them).

If you want mainland, and on terms that don't rely on the whims of another resident - then premium is a good idea. If you don't want mainland - then there's not much point to it.

I think I own about a half-sim, but I'm not really sure as its fragmented across a couple different places.

If you're worried about billing - then it might not be ideal for you.

Pamela got my reason about thinking twice. I don't want it for having mainland, I'm only interested in using the private sandboxes since the public ones are currently converted in a nightmare where the griefers are the kings. In fact I suspect those griefers are just lindens trying to convince us to get the premium because I can't understand why they do not block them by ip. They even do not need to create new alts to attack us because simply there are not who can protect us.

Thanks for all your responses and sorry about my poor English.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.