Do you ever get bored of SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1863 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

'... people that can stand more before getting bored...'

Sorry but no. Never understood this thing called boredom in any world, SL or RL.

For one thing theres 15k sims I have yet to visit (actually possibly more, I can't keep up)

Outside of that, a list several kilometres long of 'ToDo' .. Stuff still needing learning...

Then again even when the power went out a few days ago I still had paper and pen.

Boredom? What a luxury eh :)

Charli Infinity wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

Charli Infinity wrote:

You're weird pamela.

You don't find it boring so I can't? What the virtual hell...

Those are your reason why you're not bored not mine.

Maybe you think you are the whole of SL and that's why it bothers you that I find SL boring these days.

Again, YOU asked if we ever get bored!  And when we do you say the above!

You are trying, and failing, to make the point that there is something wrong with SL, that it is boring. And I am saying, SL like RL is what YOU bring to it. 

To be clear, of course not all creative-imaginative ppl are going to like SL. And not everyone who likes SL is creative-imaginative.  I am saying that for the most part, being creative-imaginative means you are more likely to find SL endlessly engaging.

No pamela. You have a problem with me finding SL boring because you cannot accept anyone having a different opinion than you and when you encounter someone with a different opinion you accused them of something. No. You're not the only one that experience SL. It's just that not everyone have the same opinion of SL as you. Learn to accept that instead of accusing people of something.

Again, YOU started the thread. Now you don't like the answers. Learn to accept that many of us NEVER have found SL boring instead of accusing ppl of something.  The reason it is boring for you and not for us is what's inside our heads, not in SL, because its the same SL for us all.

You are so weird pamela. A lot of psychological projection.

I did accept the answers that's why I said "I guess the only people that stayed in SL to this point are the people that can stand more before getting bored."

You have been the one that's unhappy with my opinion that I find SL boring these days, you're the one that was accusing me "You are trying, and failing, to make the point that there is something wrong with SL"

I was the one that said not everyone has the same opinion about SL "You're not the only one that experience SL. It's just that not everyone have the same opinion of SL as you."

Really twisting things around by switching what I've said as yours and you taking personal offense of my opinion of SL as boring as if I'm saying you are boring really makes it look like you have a problem with differentiating and recognizing identity, not being able to differentiate your own identity apart from the identity of another entity. Really weird.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Charli Infinity wrote:

You're weird pamela.

Charli, I don't think Pamela is any weirder than I am (so I might be agreeing with you). 

When I find myself in a place that's not as interesting as another place, I have two options:
  1. Go to the more interesting place.
  2. Make the place I'm at more interesting.

At the moment, I don't spend much time in SL, but that's because RL has given me a lot to do lately.

I was raised to understand that boredom is self-inflicted. I've always got something to do, or to think about. Pamela seems to be of a similar mind.

Surely you've encountered other people like us.

;-).

+ another user (me) agrees.

Speaking generally, and to the OP:

Pamela has certainly found her place in Second Life. I once or twice went to play in one of her amazing homes and that alleviated boredom before I even knew I had it. :)

I've been a resident of Second Life since November 2007, but I've not been getting into Second Life half as much as I would like to be, because my RL has been pulling extra hard this past couple of years, but I never got the chance to be bored. I never get the chance to be bored. Things that make me bored are tedious chores like ironing in RL, which I choose not to do. Why make life more miserable than it has to be?

From Day One my Second Life was never how I expected it to be. It felt like one magical door that opened for me whenever I logged in. There have been many laughs, some rows and disagreements (!), but many (very weird) adventures. 

I think I may have a higher boredom threshold than the average person. Maybe. Or this computing lark was just so fairly new to me - certainly from a "gaming" aspect - when I first encountered Second Life. But no, I really think, for me, Second Life is a big toy box for me. I get pleased with cadging a lift on the back of someone's hoverboard from time to time, or being dragged to a funfair, or down a rabbit hole, or to generally explore. Or I like to just watch and see what other people are making/doing/inventing.

No, never bored of SL. I doubt I ever will be.

sirhc DeSantis wrote:

Sorry but no. Never understood this thing called boredom in any world, SL or RL.

For one thing theres 15k sims I have yet to visit (actually possibly more, I can't keep up)

Outside of that, a list several kilometres long of 'ToDo' .. Stuff still needing learning...

Then again even when the power went out a few days ago I still had paper and pen.

Boredom? What a luxury eh
:)

YAY! :D  I have a "to-do" list too.

I hope I am never bored. Even at the bus stop, or in a long queue I have a book or magazine with me to read. If I don't have a buddy to chat with.

Marigold Devin wrote:

sirhc DeSantis wrote:

YAY!
:D
  I have a "to-do" list too.

I hope I am never bored. Even at the bus stop, or in a long queue I have a book or magazine with me to read. If I don't have a buddy to chat with.

Even without a book or magazine, a bus stop can be an interesting place. I like to watch other people and imagine their back stories. The world becomes much more interesting when it's populated by spies and aliens and incompetent terrorists.

;-).

Marigold Devin wrote:

sirhc DeSantis wrote:

YAY!

Even without a book or magazine, a bus stop can be an interesting place. I like to watch other people and imagine their back stories. The world becomes much more interesting when it's populated by spies and aliens and incompetent terrorists.

;-).

There's a bloke who always carries a sports bag with him, but he doesn't look to be the sporty type, so I've nicknamed him "the man with his wife's head in the bag".

Marigold Devin wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

sirhc DeSantis wrote:

YAY!

;-).

There's a bloke who always carries a sports bag with him, but he doesn't look to be the sporty type, so I've nicknamed him "the man with his wife's head in the bag".

I love it, Mari!

There's a always a marauding gang of wild turkeys in my neighborhood. Some years back, one of the hens had a bum leg.  I called her Ms. Hoppy. My neighbor called her Miss Lonely Heart, on the presumption she'd never find a mate. After watching the randy toms, I got the impression she'd have a better chance than her girlfriends, simply because she couldn't outrun the guys.

After seeing her hop through a few coyote laden winters (with the rest of the girls slowing their foraging so she could keep up, which was very cool to see) I began to think she was a pretty tough bird. Last year I was thrilled to see her with a bunch of chicks in tow. Now her **bleep** kids are digging up my gardens.

I didn't see her this spring, so I presume she's retired to florida with the Mister. Yes, that's certainly where she went.

No boredom here!

Marigold Devin wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

sirhc DeSantis wrote:

YAY!

;-).

I love it, Mari!

There's a always a marauding gang of wild turkeys in my neighborhood. Some years back, one of the hens had a bum leg.  I called her Ms. Hoppy. My neighbor called her Miss Lonely Heart, on the presumption she'd never find a mate. After watching the randy toms, I got the impression she'd have a better chance than her girlfriends, simply because she couldn't outrun the guys.

After seeing her hop through a few coyote laden winters (with the rest of the girls slowing their foraging so she could keep up, which was very cool to see) I began to think she was a pretty tough bird. Last year I was thrilled to see her with a bunch of chicks in tow. Now her **bleep** kids are digging up my gardens.

I didn't see her this spring, so I presume she's retired to florida with the Mister. Yes, that's certainly where she went.

No boredom here!

Yeah I do but that's generally just me and my personality. I go through phases where I am absolutely addicted to something for a period of time and then boom, the next day I don't even remember it anymore haha. I do try and keep up with SL because I don't want to lose contact with my friends and such, plus now I've started creating I find there's a lot more to do and a lot more to appreciate.

I think if you just played SL to go to clubs or go shopping you'd find it boring quite quickly, but I think if you make it that there's a purpose behind your visits to SL then it should keep your attention.

• Like 1

Charli Infinity wrote:

Do you ever feel like you're wasting your life on SL?

I've been feeling that way recently. Years gone by since I started my SL.

If you've enjoyed the "years gone by", even though it hasn't had anything productive apart from your enjoyment, then you haven't wasted you time because you've enjoyed it.

If you are now bored with it, come up with another hobby to enjoy.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Charli Infinity wrote:

Do you ever feel like you're wasting your life on SL?

I've been feeling that way recently. Years gone by since I started my SL.

If you've enjoyed the "years gone by", even though it hasn't had anything productive apart from your enjoyment, then you haven't wasted you time because you've enjoyed it.

If you are now bored with it, come up with another hobby to enjoy.

So if I take all my money and waste it on a weekend of hookers, blow, and champagne, it's not a waste if I enjoyed the weekend? 

• Like 1

I've always believed that with imagination, one can never truly get bored.

For instance, on Playstation Home, nDreams had brought out a space called Xi:Continuum. It was so hyped up, it collapsed under its own expectations. Especially when the content for the space was padded out over a month.

It failed to live up to its promise but did give us a beautifully imagined location to explore.

To combat the lack of anything to do, I came up with a photo tag game that I would play every day. It was challenging to find the next person in the local chat before they zoned out.

And here recently on SL, I've gone to BDSM place (by teleporting randomly) and although there was nobody there, I managed to free slaves that were brought there and sold by an alien high countess.

I even took pictures, with me playing the roles of captives and the Countess, as I logged my adventure.

And I've been so busy fishing or socializing that sometimes I don't have enough time to do much of anything else.

LeonardoMyst wrote:

teleporting randomly

During my early days in SL, I teleported to places that had lots of green dots on the world map. I'd then use the mini-map to locate the swarms. I'd fly high over them, then "stop flying" and fall into their midst, where I'd apologize for dropping in.

I made a few friends that way.

For most you will find it's never  case of boredom that drives them away, it's either feeling alone or a sudden shift in life that means less time at the keyboard.

I know I am one who can say secondlife isn't a getaway it is a part of my life, it helps me to focus on my career and studies.

I don't wish to gain a minute back spent here unless it's having people that will actually be there.

Most of what I would express in sharing your feelings isn't boredom, but being lonely trying to meet people..... doesn't make sense to feel outside of things when trying to interact. But that's what makes SL so great, when people are being lame or just haughty, there are many sims to get away to find a few minds that are looking just to meet up and get away.

I only spend time away when I get really busy, but I have lot of plans that I want to see to life through SL and no matter how many years it takes, I can say I've found one place on the net I know I belong.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1863 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.