Distant passed was in Bloodlines now it's caught up with me, need help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Soon after joining SL I was in a group featuring biting vampiers called Bloodlines I didn't like it so I quickly left it. Yesterday a friend gave me a Landmark for Amazon River so today I went to look first impression was is this a Goreon SIM. 

Soon I was approached by a Bloodliner who wanted to save me from the Abys.

Apparently I'm highlighted with a Pink Dot and I am on a database of Bloddline, I'm upset about this as I was informed 90% of those at Amazon would see this Pink Dot.

How do I rid myself of this Pink Dot and get off thier Database?

Does this Pink Dot etc. go everywhere in SL with me?

I'm so upset my privacy is breached by SL in this way and I'm now considering leaving SL as I'm so upset.

You can get a garlic necklace on MP for free that puts you off limits to the Bloodline players.  You just have to wear it once.

I understand that you can contact the creator of bloodlines and ask to be removed from the database, but he'll charge you for the service, since you were a bloodlines player at one time and agreed to be on there when you signed up.

Your privacy hasn't been breached.

You joined a game, put yourself in its system - and so its players see you when they play it.

Nobody else sees anything.

90% of a place seeing it would only occur if they were all STILL playing Bloodlines. And if they are, and you are not - why are you in their roleplay venue?

Anywhere else, and nobody would notice because the people anywhere else would not be actively playing Bloodlines at that moment, if even at all.

West Later wrote:

Did not know Amazon River was theirs had been told it a great place to explore and very visual.

The takeaway I was hoping to convey is that it probably isn't. The person saying 90% was likely wrong by a factor of 10-20 or more...

I could be wrong though... in which case, if it is a roleplay venue of a roleplay you're not involved in anymore, just move on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.