Customer Service

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recently I had some trouble on my land.  Objects were either missing or simply stopped working.   I contacted all support personnel to fix this problem.  I now have all objects back and working.  This was excellent customer service in my opinion.  I would like to thank KittyCats support, PlantPet support and Linden Lab support .   They are quick to respond and very helpful. You guys are the best!!!  Thankyou, thankyou, Thankyou.:matte-motes-bashful-cute-2::matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

A post about excellent LL customer service a couple of days after the grid failure. Interesting.

It is great they managed to sort your own problems out quickly.  However, I - and I believe there are a 'few' others - find LL customer service simply dreadful.

Recently, a few of us have had reason to AR a certain individual. This we have done more out of 'going through the motions', than any expectation LL will deal with the situation swiftly and efficiently.  A sad indictment.

The high hopes some had that the new CEO would put the customer/resident high on his lists of priorities were dashed slowly but surely. Indeed, the lame response he made to the last names fiasco, dampened the ardour of even a few shills.  

I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with customer support, and that you took the time to post about it. I understand that support response varies depending upon the circumstances, and sometimes it seems there is no explicable reason as to why a problem has not been dealt with. However, I think a lot of people get good support response and we just don't hear about it - if you have a problem and are not getting the help you think you should from customer support, then you are likely to post on forums seeking more help, or just to vent, but people don't tend to post when a ticket is dealt with as expected.

It is like the news - you watch the news on TV one day and think 'oh my that was all terrible and depressing, what an awful world!' this is because when bad stuff happens it is reported, no one reports that 'a town in middle England was all quiet today with business as usual'. So likewise on the forums we get a skewed picture of customer support levels.

A month or so ago I had a problem on my sim with a griefer, and to cut a long story short the sim was a bit messed up (ok a lot, and some of it was my fault, but won't go into that :matte-motes-bashful: ) I sent in an abuse report and a Linden was stood on my island within 10 mins, and later I submitted a support ticket to get the sim rolled back, it was rolled about 2 hrs or so later and all was fixed. I have only had to contact support probably less than 10 times in the 4 years I have been here, but only once did I feel dissatisfied with the response. So credit where it is due, sometimes people do have a bad response and lack of support I am sure that is true, but it isn't as bad as it sometimes seems when reading the forums.

I've only ever had good support from the support staff, and I've said that a number of times in this forum - including again right now.

Where I've had bad customer service is with the AR team. Once in a rare while, my ARs are quickly dealt with, like recently when objects places on abandoned land were spewing particles over the surrounding land, including mine. Apart from such rarities, I've only had good customer service from the AR team when I've got the AR team's manager involved, which happened only twice - once with an encroaching prim, and once when an AR team person, plus the AR team person who handled my appeal (might have been the same person), failed completely to use their brains; in other words, they didn't bother checking anything, but issued a warning instead.

The AR team people are really bad for SL but the support staff are generally good, given the limitations of the outsourced staff. When the support people were in-house, I always found them to be excellent.

I also had good customer support whenever the whole MP was acting wacky. I just submitted a support ticket and they replied quickly after. I'm a paid user, but I'unno if it matters for support besides live chat and being able to use support for a bunch of things.

• 1 year later...

had a great one when buying land and other teck issues . but as usuall the staff cant logn click there mouse three times to rid a griver on the land day 2 and one of my customers wrote me this.

This has not been dealt with yet and I have just contacted your Billing Information department to try and get info on making a complaint.  They are forwarding me contact details for the local authorities (Police).  As well as the usual griefer issues of a multi prim rezzer causing lag mayhem, some of the images contained are the worst possible, and definately illegal.  I have seen photographs of kittens being beheaded, and kittens being burned to death, domestic rabbits being skinned, photographs of severed human limbs and bodies (clearly murder scenes), decomposing human heads in closeup, the bloody and dismembered body of a CHILD, explicit sex acts, women defecating and eating excrement.  This has been ARd numerous times by me over the last 24 hours as well as by a number of other people, yet this is still there.  I had nightmares last night because of this traumatic and disturbing and clearly illegal material and yet it has not been removed yet.

here is your customer service.

• 6 months later...

This is my second request.      I believe my avatar was caught in the inventory reset  --  but regardless I open SL Viewer 3 or Firestorm  and my avatar is bombarded with attachments of my whole inventory!!!!!!   I am teaching here and trying to review projects, which has become impossible.

Can you please fix whatever you did!!!! to make every item in my inventory sequentially attach t me   I cannot seem to get detach enough but also cannot work educationnally i SL

I mentioned now for a week  -- I cannot use my avatar in either Firestorm or Second Life  viewers  since my entire inventory is attaching to my avatar -- I am teaching in this envronment and need to be navigating in SL an this is more than prohibiting me.       I believe this happened with an inventory reset.  But how would I know..     I now cannot uuse my avatar in eitther of these viewers --  Please check on this ASAP

Teachergirl Razor wrote:

I mentioned now for a week  -- I cannot use my avatar in either Firestorm or Second Life  viewers  since my entire inventory is attaching to my avatar -- I am teaching in this envronment and need to be navigating in SL an this is more than prohibiting me.       I believe this happened with an inventory reset.  But how would I know..     I now cannot uuse my avatar in eitther of these viewers --  Please check on this ASAP

You probably hit "Wear" when the "focus" of the inventory panel was either on the top level inventory folder or a large folder like your "Objects" folder. There are times when the focus of the inventory panel changes unexpectedly, usually when using notifications. If you try wearing a folder full of clothes and the inventory focus shifts this problem can happen. Here are the instructions for fixing it (works with any viewer.)

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/wearing_entire_inventory

This forum thread isn't a Linden Lab customer service portal - it's a two-year old general forum thread, which is why you got no response earlier.

Teachergirl, you asked for help on Tuesday here, and you got excellent advice. Now you have returned to ask why customer service has not answered you. The forums are not LL customer service. This is a resident-to-resident exchange and we did respond.

Once again, the solution to your problem was offered to you here...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Avatar/What-do-I-do-when-my-avatar-seems-to-have-been-caught-in-youor/qaq-p/2654906

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.