Re: Curiouser and curiouser

Reply to Paul Norfolk - view message

It's perfectly legitimate to name the viewer you use and may help other android viewers.

On the other hand, many land-owners, estate-managers, etc. will get annoyed about bots or text-users cluttering-up their land when they're not participating in the surrounding events/environment at all.  Hehe, especially as some of the avatars are undressed or wearing wildly inappropriate clothes.  The user is oblivious to all this of course and often doesn't even respond to chat, why their avatars are bunfled-in with 'bots.

Occam's Razor (House version): the simplest explanation is invariably ... someone screwed up.
Hrdtop75 Deluxe

Reply to Marigold Devin - view message

I recently pulled out an old PC with one of the first versions of Firestorm Viewer on it just so I could check what viewer the ★Movie Star★'s are using, however as Phil was saying in post #367 it just comes up as Viewer2 as the default.

I've been abit slack lately, I have been down to the ★Movie Star★'s HQ and done some snooping around for a better understanding of what they are upto but I didn't make it inside......... I was to interested in a freebies counter halfway across the sim.

PortugalHQFreebies.png

I inspected some of the freebie boxes to find most of the ★Movie Star★'s clothing, hair and skins. This is worth while checking out, some very bizzar findings in these boxes.    :smileysurprised:

With all the sim restarts happening at the moment you don't have to travel far to find upto 4 ★Movie Star★'s sitting in a welcome area at the one time. I found 3 down at Korea2 Welcome Area shown below.

MovieStarsKorea2.png

I have noticed lately that the ★Movie Star★'s seem to be heading down the coasts of Jeogeot, I found one on Abandoned land at Marybank I had to stop and say hello :smileyhappy:

Every 3 hours on the hour it would return to its original position.

Romanadvoratrelundar Ghost
Topics: 1

[ Edited ]

Reply to Hrdtop75 Deluxe - view message

Ive looked at the freebies in those boxes, it explains some of the bots outfits, but not all of them

has someone tried logging on a text only veiwer and seeing what it shows up as on the older pheniox?

veiwer 2 uses a lot of ram even on low setting, and usaly at most on good computers you can run 3-4 veiwer 2 veiwers at once without snail speed but its not effeciant. 

so how many computers is this person using!!!???

Phil Deakins
Topics: 97

Reply to Romanadvoratrelundar Ghost - view message

Romanadvoratrelundar Ghost wrote:

so how many computers is this person using!!!???

People who run bots don't use viewers.

Recognized Helper
Marigold Devin

They seem to be closing in on me; I see several names on my Phoenix radar list that never go offline when I'm sitting alone in my little house late at night.  :matte-motes-agape:

I felt brave one time, and ventured out. 

movie star - rianucas Naire.jpg

Regarding them all looking like they're on Viewer 2, even using the older version of Phoenix, they will show up as being Viewer 2, or sometimes as just a question mark.  LL stopped the ability for us to be able to see what viewer people were on because of privacy issues (or something - I've slept since then :matte-motes-wink-tongue: )

I've not been around for a while. Been having my bang straight hair permed, and it's taken several weeks to get it just how I like it, but once my hair was A OK, my partner persuaded me to drive us around the old Linden Highways around Route 1 and Route 2, but aside from picking up a friendly hitchhiker we met along the way, and being pulled up by the police, and being fired at by a tank, it was an uneventful journey, and not one *movie star* did we encounter. 

retro gogo girls 1.jpg

Retro Gogo Girls stopped by the police.jpg

retro gogo girls tank.jpg

Retro Gogo Girls overheat.jpg

I don't know how these *movie star* bots impact LL's plans to have 'region idling', which means sims go into some kind of standby mode when there are no avatars actually in them, and of course the sims which only contain a *movie star* bot never go into idle mode. 

At least it's not like Invasion of the Body Snatchers where we become as one with them :matte-motes-big-grin:

Learning something new every day.
Hrdtop75 Deluxe

Reply to Romanadvoratrelundar Ghost - view message

At the time of your last post the objects had been changed.

I have tried many of text only viewers as an experiment but have not found anything like the stars are using.  I would imagin that someone has made a viewer for the group that has the ability to run X amount of avatars. I have found some text only viewers that you can purchase for $6000 USD  but i'm will never spend that much money on virtual experiments.

Hrdtop75 Deluxe

Reply to Marigold Devin - view message

Well that is an interesting thought about sims ands bot's, it is something that I had never thought about. However the sim can be restarted with the Bot being transfered to a Welcome Area while the sim is being restarted. (I feel sorry for them Bots).

Lately during some Happy Laps a few thoughts have gone through my mind;

★ Why the change of Group Tags?

★ Why are the Ladies invisable now?

★ Is our friend at HQ following this thread on this sensational forum?

★ Why is an advertising group affraid of being advertised?

★ Why are the ladies scattered over the mainlands and not in one place?

Anyway's I'm looking forward to the day that our friend can have a meeting with us so that some of us can understand and have no fear about purchasing land on SL.

See you out there :smileywink:

Re: Curiouser and curiouser - Movie Star Live Sighting!

Reply to Alazarin Mondrian - view message

I was at an event tonight at a club tonight that is up in the air at 4K m, when in pops the little red headed Movie Star dressed exactly how she is pictured in this thread, but with a different name.  She walked around the club for a few minutes stopping briefly to adjust a shoe, but didn't respond to anyone who spoke to her.  She then went up some stairs to the outside street and walked around for a bit there.  When she finally stopped walking around , I attmpted to get a pic, but she was too fast for me, just then she tp'd out.

Photobucket
Jadeclaw Denfu

[ Edited ]

It is possible, that the owner of these bots is indeed reading here, there is one invisible here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Elsa/19/77/64

I had a small parcel in that sim 2 months ago, she was there and as of today, she is still there after all the restarts. Invisible, but you can see briefly a small sitting figure until the alpha mask loads. No group membership, no clickable attachments. Set name tags to be permantly on to find her. Name tag says: "Harmless-Light-Legal" on that one.

Good quality low prim furniture by Phil Deakins
Landowners & Tenants, please activate Autoreturn!

Perrie Juran

Reply to Jadeclaw Denfu - view message

Jadeclaw Denfu wrote:

It is possible, that the owner of these bots is indeed reading here, there is one invisible here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Elsa/19/77/64

I had a small parcel in that sim 2 months ago, she was there and as of today, she is still there after all the restarts. Invisible, but you can see briefly a small sitting figure until the alpha mask loads. No group membership, no clickable attachments. Set name tags to be permantly on to find her. Name tag says: "Harmless-Light-Legal" on that one.

FYI, if you did not know, show (highlight?) transparent, Alt/Ctrl/T, renders alphas invisible.

That's how you can do panty checks on girls who are wearing mesh clothes.