Could someone help me get a nice horse?(riding horse)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A good riding horse isn't cheap.  If you are just looking for recomendations that's fine but if you want someone to buy or give you one, don't hold your breath.  After all you shouldn't expect anyone to pay for your SL.

If a recommendation is what you want, I would suggest you look at AKK horses.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

A good riding horse isn't cheap.  If you are just looking for recomendations that's fine but if you want someone to buy or give you one, don't hold your breath.  After all you shouldn't expect anyone to pay for your SL.

If a recommendation is what you want, I would suggest you look at AKK horses.

I began this thread after going to AKK (my all-time favorite designer of SL horses) recently to discover the latest release was in 2009.  I own a 2008 version and was hoping to update my horse since AKK had done a wonderful job in the past with the features added in each update, plus I was hoping to see if more realism had been added with mesh.  It was also really sad to tp into their sim that, in the past, was always very busy...but I see this happening with more and more of my old favorite places, but anyway...

I've been continuing to look for riding horses but thus far the two brands I've found recently are one that is more realistic looking but has a very confusing HUD that involves having to wear a pre-determined avatar shape or one that has a very simple method of controlling the horse, but doesn't look significantly different in appearance to my 2008 AKK. 

The search continues...

Like you, I love my old AKK horse, and would recommend them, but went to see if anything wonderful had been created since mesh became possible. Sad that there are no updates. And I was sad to see that AKK have had to pare their 4 sims down to one.

I still don't know of a better rideable horse however.

Tiffy Vella wrote:

Like you, I love my old AKK horse, and would recommend them, but went to see if anything wonderful had been created since mesh became possible. Sad that there are no updates. And I was sad to see that AKK have had to pare their 4 sims down to one.

I still don't know of a better rideable horse however.

I felt sad as well, Tiffy...and I didn't even think to look at the map and see that the sims had been pared down. :matte-motes-frown: 

• 1 year later...

I answered your other post, about looking for a new one. 

We're back :)

It has been some realllly rough times these past 3 years, with sl slipping, brain surgery, heart attack, my right hand being useless for 6 months and more.  Now, 2016, our 10th anniversary in sl, and we've just put out 10 mesh animated mod copy pleasure riding horses, with more to follow in the coming months, if every thing stays ok.

Of course we have a free demo of it as well , so come back to see us . We'll leave a light on for you    :)

AKK Horse Ranch

Kristivon Kolache and Spritely Pixel

Kristivon Kolache wrote:

I answered your other post, about looking for a new one. 

We're back
:)

It has been some realllly rough times these past 3 years, with sl slipping, brain surgery, heart attack, my right hand being useless for 6 months and more.  Now, 2016, our 10th anniversary in sl, and we've just put out 10 mesh animated mod copy pleasure riding horses, with more to follow in the coming months, if every thing stays ok.

Of course we have a free demo of it as well , so come back to see us . We'll leave a light on for you    
:)

AKK Horse Ranch

Kristivon Kolache and Spritely Pixel

Thank you for the information. I am sorry to hear about your health issues, and are eager to get a replacement for my 2007 AKK... that I probably have deleted in a clean-up. Can you post a link to a blog, youtube or some other place with images? I am picky about appearance. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I don't wander the forums much, and didn't see this reply until today.  I don't run a blog, and 2d pics wouldn't really show what you need to see in an important (not cheap) 3d item.

I found you inworld and passed you a landmark to the ranch. That way you can walk around one (or camera) and try the Mesh demo to see how it moves.

For others, search for AKK Horse Ranch. The new Mesh horses are presently in the center of the "store", in a white corral.  I do have a few pictures of three mesh horses listed in marketplace that can be seen by searching marketplace with the words " AKK Mesh " .  I hope this helps somebody that needs a good horse to take on adventures with them  :) 

Back to work for me, but don't hesitate to IM me inworld if you have further questions. I live most of my waking hours there.

• 11 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.